Proposed Bike Park, Northampton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
DSC_1705.JPG

DSC_1706.JPG

Shouldn't be long now! I couldn't get any nearer as the ground was deep claggy goo after a bit of rain. Maybe that'll need sorting once the park is in use.
(I hope the trails aren't the same or it'll be a disaster!)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Shouldn't be long now! I couldn't get any nearer as the ground was deep claggy goo after a bit of rain. Maybe that'll need sorting once the park is in use.
(I hope the trails aren't the same or it'll be a disaster!)

Hopefully, it will all be sorted out before it opens!

I did a MTB event once which took us over a former landfill site which had been capped with similar deep claggy goo. Within one minute my wheels had jammed. I dragged the bike down to a deep puddle (because the clay made the bike too heavy to carry) and chucked it in. It took several minutes of scraping to make the bike rideable again!

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Are there many trails or is it more of a MTB/bmx style track set up?

That's as far as I thought I'd go into the park, bearing in mind it's not open yet and I had to sneak through a gap in the fence :okay:
It appears to be mainly Downhill tracks.
Once it's open, I'll post some better pics, hopefully, though I don't have an MTB and parts of my body wouldn't take the strains anymore 😔

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

DSC_1800.JPG

DSC_1799.JPG

DSC_1804.JPG

DSC_1815.JPG

DSC_1801.JPG

The Park is finished but not officially open yet until Council boxes have been ticked and red tape has been declared cut..
A couple of mates and I walked around the trails. It looks like it should be fun once it beds in properly.
Even though it's not open, it's not stopped people riding it, and leaving litter 😔

There's already Strave segments created, too!

Jody

Stubborn git
Looks like a good little spot

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

It will be, I reckon. Several local chaps there today.
Parking is in the golf club car park, apparently. There's no decent parking on Brackmills industry if you do head there.
I did hear that it's one hour free parking at the golf club, then it costs, but I can't verify that.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

If anyone is heading there, it's got pay machines in the golf club car park (it's the nearest place for car access)

DSC_3906.JPG

Must say, I've never heard of PopPay! Yet another parking app to download if you want to oark 😔

Top Bottom