Pros seen while out for a ride,

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mods I am sure we have a thread Luke this this full of sightings of Malcom Elliot in the big ring on various Peak District climbs, but I could n’t Find it.

So here goes , Wout Van Aert, on a ride this morning outside Leuven, I only got a good look because it was a tight bend in a cycle path and as he swing towards me I had blocked the ideal.line:shy:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Mods I am sure we have a thread Luke this this full of sightings of Malcom Elliot in the big ring on various Peak District climbs, but I could n’t Find it.

So here goes , Wout Van Aert, on a ride this morning outside Leuven, I only got a good look because it was a tight bend in a cycle path and as he swing towards me I had blocked the ideal.line:shy:
I found this one: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/the-pro-spotting-thread.90923/ but the last post in it was back in 2011 so I think starting a fresh one is fine.:okay:

Venod

Eh up
Not a Pro cyclist but a pro actor, I passed this bloke the other day on a shared path, he was running, I thought he looked like that bloke from Coronation Street but a slimmer version, a couple of days later someone posted this pic of him on Facebook, so it was him.

96359735_1141504559517059_5718078282595827712_n.jpg

Last edited:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I probably wouldn't notice. I pushed off Gordon Mcauley at a local time-trial quite a few years ago while he was riding for Plowman Craven. Made him a cup of tea afterwards (he was pretty quick so was back at the clubhouse before the tea guy)

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I saw Tobias Ludvigssen (now with FDJ) when he was a young rider with Giant Alpecin in about 2015. The only reason I knew he was pro was that he was wheeling his own bike bag and kit bags out of arrivals at Schiphol Airport, emblazoned with Giant branding and his name, and of course, I googled him.

My overall, lasting impression of him is that he is bloody tall.

Sharky

Guru
A long time ago, near Jodrell Bank, crossed and waved to Reg Harris. This was before his come back.

Bit more recently on my commute to work at Whyteleafe, Maurice Burton caught and chatted with me for a few miles.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
There's quite a few riding across the hills between Sheffield/Manchester/Huddersfield - an Ineos rider last week and I've seen Ed Clancy about. With my son's racing and training he gets to ride with a few.

Steve Bate (blind paralympic cyclist with 10% vision) was on a local hillclimb last year - he came past myself and two Juveniles (my son and one other) like a steam train downhill afterwards, just missing a car coming up :eek: . Really nice bloke; he gave both Juvenile riders some GB kit afterwards for taking part.

Danilo Wyss (NTT Pro Cycling) passed my drive on Friday morning as i was pulling in, i at least got a "salut" out of him. I was surprised to see him in full NTT gear, thought Pro's would be more incognito ? that's what made me look twice and realise who it was. He lives about 20mins away.

Top Bottom