the pro spotting thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I never saw any training (the weather is too crap up here); I've only seen them racing up here, the last one was big Thor in the ToB which started in Peebles. David Millar once braved the elements, I saw him in the Edinburgh Nocturne.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I see most of the Sky gb team out and about in Cheshire, had a very pleasant hello from Becky James at a set of lights in between Handforth and Wilmslow a few weeks ago.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Most of the Junior GB squad - regular between Parrs Wood and Manchester. Gerant Thomas and poss Roger Hammond last year, near work. TBH you regularly see Team GB out in South Manchester.

gavintc

Guru
I cycled with Lance Armstrong when he did the Twitter ride from Paisley about 3 yrs ago. A great ride, hard work and I was quite pleased to be one of the group that finshed the ride with him as well.

Dan Martin occassionally comes on the mere green saturday morning ride just north of birmingham. One of my mates is a regular on that ride and knows him.
Ian Stannard is a relative of my spinning instructor (also with the surname Stannard and a well known local cyclist).

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Saw Nicole Cooke at the lights at the end of our street a while ago. She waved when i stuck my head out of the window and shouted 'Nicole!' in a french accent, which make a change.

sdr gb

Falling apart
Whilst out and about, I've seen Ben Swift when he was riding for Katusha and last week I saw 2006 British Road Race Champion Hamish Haynes.

VamP

Banned
We had Tracey Moseley turf up at Round 9 of the London CX League. Quite fun to be racing in the same field as a World Champion.

Top Bottom