Protein and recovery drinks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Choclate milk or regular mil/semi-skim with Nesquick.

Milk and added sugar from a 'shake powder' is good enough for me, and real food. After a long ride, drink a good pint of milk and or shake, straight away, and go get cleaned up. That first 45 mins are key after any big/fast/high intensity ride.

Oh and stay away from any sniffly family in that time (30-45 mins). I.e. in house, re-fuel, go get cleaned up, put bike away/clean it, and back into real world. Something I've always built into my post ride routine as you are very susceptible to infection after a hard ride.

PS my kids won't go near me as I'm generally a sweaty monster as I get home. :tongue:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Thanks , your a gent
Okay, check out my DIY sports drinks post in the new Equipment, Services, Rides and Events forum.

PK99

Legendary Member
if you want to go natural, A banana contains loads of simple carbs and potassium and is alot cheeper than the various powders and potions! (and this is coming from someone who sells powders and potions!)

Banana mixed up with a half pint of milk as soon as i get in after a hard session.

Shower

Tuna sandwich

Alun

Guru
A pint of Guinness and a packet of cheese and onion crisps, not sure what good it does, but it's what I want after a long ride. :biggrin:

Top Bottom