Proud of the old fella.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Over the last few years my Dad has had a few operations and his knees have played him up, to the point where he was scared of going out in case they gave up on him. I would often catch him looking at QVC when the electric bikes were on and asking me how they go (Dont know - never been one one). After much trying to get him to buy one, offering to buy him one and trying to get him to come to a shop for a go I had all but given up. Anyway, a little canny ebaying, a trip to Bristol, a quick fettle of the gears and he is up and going on his new steed! He says its been a good 25 years since he last rode a bike so wanted to try on a quiet car park before going on his own.

It seems he has never forgot how to do it... its like riding a bike. After a few minutes he was zooming around and looking very much at home on it. This was Sunday morning, Monday he was out before the sun got too hot and did a 4 miler - well chuffed!!!

View: https://youtu.be/ZmuxFn3e3gw

Slick

Guru
Nice. :okay:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Great vid. Ace result :okay:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Over the last few years my Dad has had a few operations and his knees have played him up, to the point where he was scared of going out in case they gave up on him. I would often catch him looking at QVC when the electric bikes were on and asking me how they go (Dont know - never been one one). After much trying to get him to buy one, offering to buy him one and trying to get him to come to a shop for a go I had all but given up. Anyway, a little canny ebaying, a trip to Bristol, a quick fettle of the gears and he is up and going on his new steed! He says its been a good 25 years since he last rode a bike so wanted to try on a quiet car park before going on his own.

It seems he has never forgot how to do it... its like riding a bike. After a few minutes he was zooming around and looking very much at home on it. This was Sunday morning, Monday he was out before the sun got too hot and did a 4 miler - well chuffed!!!

View: https://youtu.be/ZmuxFn3e3gw

Well done your Dad.
When the time comes I will not hesitate to get one.

D

Deleted member 26715

Touch & go at the minute :blush:.
I love the exercise and 6 months ago 30 miles was enjoyable. Amazing what can happen in 6 months :sad:
Sorry @PaulSecteur to go off at a tangent, but @Dave7 an ebike maybe just what you need to start the exercise again, it takes away the doubt, as long as you can turn the pedals you can get home. The one bought for Paul's dad appears to be an early one with throttle so you don't even need to pedal, might be just what you need to get you jump started again, then once your fitness returns you could always encourage the wife to try it.

Top Bottom