Proud of the old fella.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Well done your Dad.
When the time comes I will not hesitate to get one.
The time hasn't come for me, but that hasn't stopped Mrs D forcing the issue and buying me one.

OP
OP
PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Many thanks for all the support and nice comments!

After having a go on his bike, it really was an eye opener. Something like the one he has could make a great utility bike for someone that is active and wants to use the car less, as with the right panniers you could get a good few days shopping it but with the extra power it could save your legs for tomorrows pedal powered ride on your race bike, or spare your legs from the pain of yesterdays ride.

After watching him have a practice, and then plotting the route he did on his own Im sure its also a good way to get into, or back into the hobby. With there being shopper bikes, MTBs and even road electric bikes theres one to suit you, and although they havent had the throttle since 2016, as someone above mentioned, if you can turn the pedals you can move. What suprised me was you dont have to push against the gears once you are moving (a pedal stroke or 2), just turn the cranks and you will move.

OP
OP
PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur

Also, I do apologise for the weather.

When I bought raceblades and wanted to try them out there was a drought.

When I got a dirt jump bike there was covid and lockdown.

Now I bought the leccy bike we have temps too high to get out, with the risk of torrential rain if you are brave.

The time hasn't come for me, but that hasn't stopped Mrs D forcing the issue and buying me one.
Not a good idea to have one in advance of need for a variety of reasons.
And yes i liked the OPs original first post.

OP
OP
PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur

Just a little update... Now 2 weeks in and he gets out most mornings when the weather and Mrs allow - probably about 8 trips out of about 5 miles a time.

He has just tried on a jacket that was just too tight for him before, fits nicer now so I think he is pleased with that.

Im hoping the second week of September has good weather, Im off that week and planning a few evening jaunts of about 10 miles, with a liquid refreshment stop half way of course!

Top Bottom