PS3 - help me out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Oh the Xbox also has a new app on Android 4 and IOS devices (phones and tablets) called SmartGlass - this looks like it could be good. You can use it as a remote for the Xbox, so watching and navigating media will be easier, and it also doubles as an additional screen for specific games - e.g display your position on a map in a car racing game. It also doubles up as the input device for Windows explorer. Going to give it a play with tonight !

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Oh the Xbox also has a new app on Android 4 and IOS devices (phones and tablets) called SmartGlass - this looks like it could be good. You can use it as a remote for the Xbox, so watching and navigating media will be easier, and it also doubles as an additional screen for specific games - e.g display your position on a map in a car racing game. It also doubles up as the input device for Windows explorer. Going to give it a play with tonight !
I think that Playstation could possibly do that with the PS Vita and PS3.

You have a save game on your PS3 at home and you have the same game on your Vita. All you do is access your save game on your 3 from the Vita using Wifi and then you can play on the go from your hand held device.

Apparently Xbox is going to be coming out with a hand held device as well soon so this feature could be very useful.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The PS 3 does that, but the Xbox thing links with a decent phone or tablet for Nowt. Just had a little play before, iPad to Xbox. Game Pad is quicker navigating though

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Kinect = Rubbish.

I have never been a fan of these type of consoles. I can understand the principal behind them (get people moving and fit) but I just saw them as getting people tired as you have to stand up to use them. You also need a big enough space to use them.
We do have a WII downstairs which is my brothers but we hardly use it. Only at christmas and birthdays when my brother gets games for it.

I have always prefered controllers. When I get my own place (and I have money) I am going to set up a simulation pod (for racing games). I have always been a racing type of person and like to feel the vibrations of the controller when playing.

I think standing up would make you loose a little concentration on the game as you have to remember to move your body.

Top Bottom