Pub quiz questions.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
graham56 said:
Not sure, but i think he was awarded the drivers championship posthumously

Correct

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
The first 'T's were available in maroon and dark blue. The car became cheaper year on year due to economies of scale and improved efficiency, including, finally, reducing the available colours to one. Black.

The VW Beetle was the first car to be offered with halogen lamps.

walker

The first production car with pop up headlights I can only think is the MR2, but I know it's not. I'm going on a whim here and say its a lotus?

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
classic33 said:
Heaviest Ferrari
Ferrari 612, Scaglietti

Twas the 400i/412 launched in 1973 at the Paris Salon. Pininfarina, four seats, two doors, 12 cyclinders, 5 litres, automatic gearbox by General motors (as used in school buses!) 350bhp, 150mph. Stayed in production for 16 years.

Ah, that would be Toleman (in 84? 85 ?) & Benneton, respectively.

- remember that wet Monaco that year with people crashing off all over the place and then them stopping it just before he caught Prost for the lead ?

- I wasn't there, but I was at Donington (93 ?) when he did that stupendous opening lap in the Euro GP and passed practically everybody at Redgate and Old Hall

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
andy_wrx said:
Ah, that would be Toleman (in 84? 85 ?) & Benneton, respectively.

- remember that wet Monaco that year with people crashing off all over the place and then them stopping it just before he caught Prost for the lead ?

- I wasn't there, but I was at Donington (93 ?) when he did that stupendous opening lap in the Euro GP and passed practically everybody at Redgate and Old Hall

lost the silly bugger (prost) the title as the race stopped early and half points awarded (4 1/2 for the win instead of 9) and went on to lose the championship to nikki lauda by 1 point.

senna was peerless in the wet. you can see who is hamilton's inspiration can't you? mansell it ain't!

Top Bottom