Public Schoolboy bands vs. Chav Bands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Abitrary said:
*ouch*

Well Syd Barrett (who was pink floyd) went mad and died, on drugs.

Suggs swore in 1978 never to do stuff that rhymed with his name (like druggs), out of superstition.

Madness would shagging mang *any* glam rock band

but isn't his real name Graham, or something?

i wasn't counting Syd in the floyd thing as he is dead, thus a pushover in the arm wrestling stakes... unless it was against Woody, cos he's quite weedy - although as a drummer he probably has strong arms.

oddly, last time i saw Woody was playing with Robyn Hitchcock at the "games for may" gig on the South bank - recreating the PF set from 40 years previous.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Madness would certainly outdo the Floyd in almost anything, except guitar-w@nking. For all you Floyd fans, this is what you're up against!
;):tongue::eek::becool::eek::smile::eek:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Chuffy said:
The Sweet looked liked dockers in drag. Madness wouldn't have a clue what to do if they saw The Sweet coming at them in a dark alley.
They'd presumably shout [Steve Priest] W-w-w-w-we just haven't got a clue WHAT to do! [/Steve Priest]
:becool:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
since when were madness chav? working class, sure, but chavs are scrounging scumbags who wouldn't have the bollocks to get a band of that quality together. they'd want celebrity without the inconveniences of talent and graft.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

alecstilleyedye said:
since when were madness chav? working class, sure, but chavs are scrounging scumbags who wouldn't have the bollocks to get a band of that quality together. they'd want celebrity without the inconveniences of talent and graft.

"Kicking pushbikes after dark" - Baggy Trousers. Madness.

Still like those bike kicking hooligans, eh?

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Abitrary said:
"Kicking pushbikes after dark" - Baggy Trousers. Madness.

Still like those bike kicking hooligans, eh?

iirc the favoured trouser of the townies (as they were know in those days) was the farah. not in any way baggy.

not that i'm approving of the kicking of pushbikes though :smile:

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

Anyway, I think we've exhausted the arm wrestling / pink floyd / madness thing.

What about Duran Duran vs. Oasis in pigeon fancying?

Top Bottom