public use toilets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Let's just quietly pass over the sh$$$y ones - and have a list of nice ones.

My vote- the public loos in the car park (behind the posh car garage) at Beaulieu in Hampshire.

Night Train

Maker of Things
What I can't understand is how some people, if you can call them that, manage to poo all over the seat, the flush handle, the back of the cubical door and toilet roll dispenser, but miss the wet bit in the bottom of the pan where it should be!:cursing:

asterix

Comrade Member
I've often thought that local authorities waste millions of pounds every year on providing and maintaining public toilets. Why not instead pay pubs and food outlets something like £1000 a year to have their facilities designated as for general public use? There'd be far more of them, it would keep the vandals and undesirables away, the businesses would make a profit with possible extra custom on top and the councils would save a fortune.

Yes, the lack community spirit in the UK probably makes such a move the only way!

Let's just quietly pass over the sh$$$y ones - and have a list of nice ones.

My vote- the public loos in the car park (behind the posh car garage) at Beaulieu in Hampshire.

Sea front in Hull. They have some preserved Victorian ones which are fantastic, not least because they are so clean!

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I see you had one of those 'Wee beige jobby' moments that Billy Connolly once went on about^_^. I sympathise as I often wonder (whilst trying to flush offending jobby away) what the hell some people eat...Cork?..Polystyrene.. nuclear waste that refuses to shift?.

What I can't understand is how some people, if you can call them that, manage to poo all over the seat, the flush handle, the back of the cubical door and toilet roll dispenser, but miss the wet bit in the bottom of the pan where it should be!:cursing:
This is a probable cause of their aiming misery
097173.jpg

I think this guy might know something about it too...........
funny-poop1.jpg

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
once we were in melbourne and our daughter (six at the time) needed a wee. we spotted a mcdonalds over the road, which we thought would be ok (toilets in mcdonalds are usually pretty clean ime). she came down five minutes later bemoaning that the toilet was "worse than at glastonbury". that's as bad as it gets, surely?

Octet

Veteran
We used to have an old toilet, Victorian from when the market was built, you would walk down the steps (below ground from street level) into this coffin sized space and urinate into a urinal without a door. It was disgusting, closed down when some poor guy found a dead homeless person at the bottom of the steps and they often became flooded when people 'missed' as there wasn't any drainage.
We now have some brand new toilets at the bus terminus, cleaned three times a day which is good! But not so good if you are on the other side of town and desperate to go as these are the only ones.

postman

Legendary Member
This year after spending time in Hospital,Postman paid all of £2 for a very large key.even i cannot loose it.It unlocks the disabled toilets spread across Leeds city centre.And very clean they are too.And no more paying 20p or 30p to pee.

Globalti

Legendary Member

I think it's time for me to tell you about my experience in the public toilet in Karachi airport. I was queueing to check in for a very early flight to Lahore when I got... that runny guts feeling so I left my laptop with my agent and hurried off to find the bogs. The terminal was absolutely brand spanking new and the men's bogs were gleaming marble, spotless, beautiful and attended by a young Pakistani boy who was going round with a mop and rag, really proud of his new job in the newest and most beautiful toilet in Pakistan.

Unfortunately though some dirty so-and-so had been standing on the seat, which was covered in dirty wet shoe prints. So not wanting to sit down I dropped my keks and just bent over and hurriedly let rip. Slowly it began to dawn on me that I wasn't hearing the expected sound of hot liquid pouring into the pan so I turned to investigate and discovered to my horror that the whole lot had shot out horizontally, hit the wall in a burst and was dribbling down over the pipework and spreading across the floor. What to do? I performed my ablutions and did my best to clean up with the water hose but in the end had no choice but to leave most of the suppurating mess slowly spreading out like the waste from Chernobyl.

I felt terrible as I washed my hands and as I left the men's room I looked back to see the sweeper who had reached my trap and opened the door; I watched as his jaw dropped in horror and he looked up at me in disbelief... all I could do was shrug and make that universal "sorry" gesture and leave him to clean up. Now I know how the French make such a mess in campsite squatters....

the whole lot had shot out horizontally, hit the wall in a burst and was dribbling down over the pipework and spreading across the floor. What to do? I performed my ablutions and did my best to clean up with the water hose but in the end had no choice but to leave most of the suppurating mess slowly spreading out like the waste from Chernobyl.

I
4787390969_8d4075e56a_z.jpg

subaqua

What’s the point
I've often thought that local authorities waste millions of pounds every year on providing and maintaining public toilets. Why not instead pay pubs and food outlets something like £1000 a year to have their facilities designated as for general public use? There'd be far more of them, it would keep the vandals and undesirables away, the businesses would make a profit with possible extra custom on top and the councils would save a fortune.

they do in gloriuos borough of waltham forest. communuty toilet scheme. wetherspoons are involved which is ironic bing as most of wetherspoons regular clientele are pissheads or druggies

Top Bottom