PULSE RATE!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
C

CyclingSAM

I will do tommorrow want to find out my questions for today and get the problem fixed with my bike.

http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=673907#post673907

montage

God Almighty
How you doing with times i.e. how long it take you to do 10 miles?
What are you average speeds like, and speeds up hills?

OP
OP
C

CyclingSAM

Exercise bike on gear 6. 12 miles for 5 miles.

Any good?

On road bike going up hills i do them no problem good speed.

I went up a hill yesterday, car was going about 30 mph, i was right behind it, must of been going about 25mph up there. But after that i pushed my self to hard and i was Sick, goodjob i was near home at the time. I was sick. Had 5 mins off and went cycling again.

Young Un

Make sure that you get one that has some old members (they are great for advise and freebies:biggrin:) but also make sure that there are some people your own age (so you can have a chat) but also make sure that there are some people who race (so can tell you about race technique, when the races are etc etc.)

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Welcome,
Get out on your bike more! I built my fitness up fast last year just by riding on the road. You can be good on an excersice bike and a turbo, but when you get on the road you just wont be as fast.
Join a club. This is what i did. You will end up doing more miles, which will get you fitter.
I dont bother with riding on a turbo or excersice bike, i just go out, even if it rains. It will just make me harder.
Also, you say you went up a hill that fast, what are you classing as a hill?
Whats your times to do 10miles, 20miles, what do you normally do in an hour.
As for resting heart rate, mine is normally around the mid 50bpm. Its been down lower before when ive been really relaxed.
Get talking to older members in your club. Someone i know helped me get better at riding. He used to race, and be pretty good at it. Well be riding along and he will be moving in on me, touching shoulders and sometimes even making his front wheel touch my backwheel. Its to get me used to stuff for racing, and its a good laugh

Dan B

Disengaged member
FWIW, resting heart rate is usually measured just after waking, while still in bed and lying down. Even standing or sitting up is enough to knock it up a few bpm

OP
OP
C

CyclingSAM

26 miles in about 75 mins.

Is that good at my age?

Ive did a 26 mile cycle in 2 hours on a moutain bike. But that was with a friend that was quiet slow, so had to stay with him.

If i was on my own id do it in about 75 mins.

TVC

If you're serious about it then here is your local club:

http://www.thanetrc.org.uk/

Like starting anything new - ears open, mouth shut and work hard. If you've got the talent these people will put you on the first step to a potential pro career, and if you don't get the breaks then you're going to make some good mates and be proper fit into the bargain - Good luck!

OP
OP
C

CyclingSAM

Time Trials

Club time trials - These are the main stay of the club over the summer, and take place every Wednesday night, starting at Fowlmead Country Park

Omg! Ive been there 2 weeks ago, but only once!

TVC

CyclingSAM said:
Time Trials

Club time trials - These are the main stay of the club over the summer, and take place every Wednesday night, starting at Fowlmead Country Park

Omg! Ive been there 2 weeks ago, but only once!

You're only competing against yourself and remember

1. The club will be glad you're there. :smile:
2. You will be doing something that many on this forum (including myself) have never attempted. :thumbsup:
3. Serious bragging rights when you get back to school. :sad:
4. All pro cyclists have to ride time trials - especially in TdF.;)

Get down to the club and give it a go - you have nothing to lose:biggrin:

OP
OP
C

CyclingSAM

Im hopefully going this saturday with a friend, were be just going around the track. Witch is 2 miles along who knows could get a stopwatch and get someone to time me round, take a rest and see if i can get a faster time. That seems ok for now? Still got training? I guess there will be other cyclists going round and round so maybe i can just try keep up with them and see how i do.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
CyclingSAM said:
Im hopefully going this saturday with a friend, were be just going around the track. Witch is 2 miles along who knows could get a stopwatch and get someone to time me round, take a rest and see if i can get a faster time. That seems ok for now? Still got training? I guess there will be other cyclists going round and round so maybe i can just try keep up with them and see how i do.

2miles? Is that it?! Cant you do some longer rides? Just going round and around a 2 mile track is boring.

Top Bottom