PumpTyre - The self inflating tyre

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
PumpTyre

Imagine taking your bicycle out of the garage and never having to fill up the tires or even check the pressure. Or imagine yourself being able to change your tire pressure on-the-fly with a simple adjustment from the handlebars. Our project is to bring two self-inflating bicycle tires to market, the City Cruiser and City Pro. Both tires are intended for the urban cyclists and both tires incorporate the patented PumpTire technology.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Now there's a solution looking for a problem.....

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
It is a great idea in principle. I can see MTB applications were changing tyre pressure to suite terrain would be very useful. Not so sure about riding on a flat for any distance though as the rims would be damaged.

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
It is a great idea in principle. I can see MTB applications were changing tyre pressure to suite terrain would be very useful. Not so sure about riding on a flat for any distance though as the rims would be damaged.

I don't think the idea is that you do it from flat. But more so you don't need to constantly re-inflate the tyre over the weeks due to air escaping over time.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I don't think the idea is that you do it from flat. But more so you don't need to constantly re-inflate the tyre over the weeks due to air escaping over time.

Sorry I didn't mean completely flat. To me 20 psi on a 52psi tyre is flat. I love the idea. Am wondering what happens in the event of of a puncture though?

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
How long til its on Dragon Den I wonder!

The American version maybe :smile:

edit : Or is that just an assumption as the pledges are in $ers

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I thought this was a wind up, I find once a week is plenty of top up attention for a regular tyre anything more would mean a puncture. It's never crossed my mind that the weekly check of tyres, and top up of pressure, was anything remotely onerous enough to need a solution.

D

Deleted member 1258

I thought this was a wind up, I find once a week is plenty of top up attention for a regular tyre anything more would mean a puncture. It's never crossed my mind that the weekly check of tyres, and top up of pressure, was anything remotely onerous enough to need a solution.

I tend to only need to top up about once a month, a minute or two and its done, I'm struggling to see a need for this, the weekly check on tyres for debris and the monthly top up are just part of servicing the bikes.

Top Bottom