Punc**** avoidance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
jimheaney57

jimheaney57

First ride today on the Conti 4 Seasons.

I had planned to do 60 miles this morning but changed my mind when I saw how windy it was.

Cycled 3 miles to the gym and then did another 10 on the journey home. A mixture of wet path (waves crashing onto path from the sea), dry roads and a very greasy path covered in leaves through a wood.

Felt really good, smooth ride and the tyres felt very responsive on all the surfaces.

Thanks for all the recommendations. I made the right choice I think. The guy in the LBS seemed to agree when I collected them. Told me he thought they were worth the extra money.

potsy

Rambler
jimheaney57 said:
First ride today on the Conti 4 Seasons.

I had planned to do 60 miles this morning but changed my mind when I saw how windy it was.

Cycled 3 miles to the gym and then did another 10 on the journey home. A mixture of wet path (waves crashing onto path from the sea), dry roads and a very greasy path covered in leaves through a wood.

Felt really good, smooth ride and the tyres felt very responsive on all the surfaces.

Thanks for all the recommendations. I made the right choice I think. The guy in the LBS seemed to agree when I collected them. Told me he thought they were worth the extra money.
Glad you like 'em Jim,I think tyre choice is very hit and miss in that one person has no punctures after 1000's of miles,then another with same tyre will have plenty.
Lot of it is luck/riding style.
Marathon+ on my hybrid and I ride through anything,no incidents in nearly 2000 miles,but they are tough to fit,heavy and don't come in 23mm.
4seasons for me seem the perfect compromise for the road bike,easier to fit,decent protection,and light.Time will tell if they are the right choice,if not will probably try the Durano+,like a M+ for racers.

If you're not using something almost bombproof like the Marathon +, then a good tip is to once a week deflate your tyres and carefully inspect them for bits of glass or flint/stone and remove them. If left in, over time they can work their way in to cause a puncture.

Since doing this, I've suffered far fewer punctures.

After 2 punctures across the Friday Night Ride on my 25' Kenda's and reading this thread I have ordered some Conti 4 Seasons. Cant wait to get them on

AlanW

Guru
Mista Preston said:
After 2 punctures across the Friday Night Ride on my 25' Kenda's and reading this thread I have ordered some Conti 4 Seasons. Cant wait to get them on

I wish that I was a share holder in Conti 4 Seasons now. :ohmy:

Top Bottom