puncture on trike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

3tyretrackterry

had the first one today and i gotta say what a revelation it is to change inner tube without taking wheel off minimum tools needed though i could do with a better pump couldnt get enuff pressure back in so had to ride home carefully

banjokat

I've not had a visit from She Who Must Not Be Named on my trike yet ... what do people do if they have front mudguards on, will the tyre still come off or is it easier to take the mudguard off?

squeaker

Über Member
Trice front tyre removal

banjokat said:
what do people do if they have front mudguards on, will the tyre still come off or is it easier to take the mudguard off?
IME (with Marathon Racers) there's no need to remove a mudguard.
Would also recommend Topeak Road Morph with gauge.

byegad

Legendary Member
banjokat said:
I've not had a visit from She Who Must Not Be Named on my trike yet ... what do people do if they have front mudguards on, will the tyre still come off or is it easier to take the mudguard off?

As you know I'm running Big Apples and there is no need to remove the mudguard there is plenty of tyre not covered by them to get the tyre off and back on. The tyre doesn't catch the guard even if you change the tyre itself.

On the Catrike you simply undo the QR and the mudguard detaches on one side if you need to remove the wheel or tyre.

However usually (as above) most can be fixed in situ

Top Bottom