Puncture protection

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

charlieivan

Has anyone used or have any experience of using something like tyre magic tyre sealant in their cycle tyres. If so can anyone recomend any other brands? My wife has got an electric bike and would like some means of protecting against punctures before venturing too far on her own or with other cycling friends. Ok if I am with her but she is not confident about having to fix a puncture herself.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
The best bet would be to fit some puncture resistant tyres. I'd suggest Schwalbe Marathon or Marathon Plus which are very good and the latest versions are specifically designed to suit electric bikes.

I have standard Marathons on my main bike and have had no issues in the last 2700 miles.

If you are still interested in sealant, there has been some discussion on this thread.

Lee_M

Guru
fenwicks airtight got a top recommendation from one of the mags last month

I have it in my hybrid and have so far never had a visit from the fairy

Paul.G.

Just a bloke on a bike!
+1 for Fenwicks, have it in my cross bike tyres and can say from experience, it actually does work. Had quite a big thorn go through tyre, whilst it did go down initially, once I stopped and re-inflated the tyre it stayed up , did a more permanent fix when I got home, well worth £25.

Top Bottom