Puncture, puncture, puncture .........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
.......... puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture ......

It's not something done by a fairy :biggrin:. Are some cyclists so lacking in confidence in their tube changing or PUNCTURE repairing abilities or the robustness of their tyres and tubes or are they so myopic that they regularly ride through all the glass, nails and debris on the roads and paths, that they have to use stupid euphemisms such as p******e FAIRY.

It is not a visit from a p******e fairy but the fact that you road over something sharp such as glass, nail or stone that gave you a PUNCTURE.

Why would a fairy who is traditionally a bringer of good fortune give you PUNCTURE?

At least get it right. Fairies do good things. Witches, ghouls, devils, gremlins and trolls do bad things.

So please start calling punctures punctures.

:blush:

Crankarm said:
At least get it right. Fairies do good things, Witches, ghouls, devils, gremlins and trolls do bad things.

Errrr ... I don't think any of these things actually exist at all.:blush:

Like father Christmas,P*nct*re fairies do exist....Or is it sods law?

Please don't tell this cyclist they don't.:blush:

I have an example....A few people on here know I have been using a grrentyre for the last few years.(it's been quite successful)

I still could not dodge the p*nct*re fairy as the motorised transport I was on in Thailand had a great lump of metal go through the front tyre,on the way to the hotel.(17/03/2010) The first time I have been in a motorised transport which developed a p*nct*re since the 1970's.

I rest my case.

Rewind

Punctures exist

Hi Rhythm Thief, guess who finally got round to signing up on Cycle Chat???

Rewind

dondare

Über Member
Crankarm said:
.......... puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture ......

It's not something done by a fairy :rolleyes:. Are some cyclists so lacking in confidence in their tube changing or PUNCTURE repairing abilities or the robustness of their tyres and tubes or are they so myopic that they regularly ride through all the glass, nails and debris on the roads and paths, that they have to use stupid euphemisms such as p******e FAIRY.

It is not a visit from a p******e fairy but the fact that you road over something sharp such as glass, nail or stone that gave you a PUNCTURE.

Why would a fairy who is traditionally a bringer of good fortune give you PUNCTURE?

At least get it right. Fairies do good things. Witches, ghouls, devils, gremlins and trolls do bad things.

So please start calling punctures punctures.

:smile:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI8GEidaMMI

Crankarm said:
The word 'fairy' is not necessarily associated with good. The wild mushroom Hebeloma crustuliniforme (common in UK) has the common names 'poison-pie' and 'fairy-cake'. It is definitely not to be eaten: it is poisonous (though not deadly).

clarion said:
Not if you run Marathon Plus.
hackbike 666 said:
is this actually true?
No. :rolleyes: The best you can hope for is a dramatically reduced frequency of punctures. The same is true of any so-called 'puncture-resistant' brand.

The only way you can eliminate punctures altogether, is to run solid tyres :smile:...

The puncture fairy does exist and is evil, on the first day of spring it is traditional in pagan britain to offer homage to this creature of the underworld by burning incense, inner tubes and freshly cut hedge thorns while holding two Marathon Plus tyres in the sign of a cross.

Top Bottom