Puncture Repait Kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Whats the best plan at the moment I have a basic one from Halfords with the patches,glue and a couple of plastic tyre levers. But now I have a decent bike (defy 2) I guess I might need some thing better to take 120 psi and may be better levers to get the tyre off ? I carry a spare tube anyway to get me home but when I do fix a tube I want it to work

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
my cheapo halfords plastic tyre levers, now 4 years old, still help to get 140psi's off no problem. Patches are also fine.

zacklaws

Guru
I use Wilko's own repair kit, about 79p, and put the contents into a smaller box, and when I have had to use the patches, they have stuck OK. At weekend though, I bought a repair kit from Tesco's, £1, but it only comes with 3 patches, but there identical to Wilko's of which you get 6, but it was the small box the Tesco's one came in that I wanted, but when I got it home, I found it was identical in size to the repair kit I paid almost £6 for from the LBS a good while back.

stavros

Whats the best plan at the moment I have a basic one from Halfords with the patches,glue and a couple of plastic tyre levers. But now I have a decent bike (defy 2) I guess I might need some thing better to take 120 psi and may be better levers to get the tyre off ? I carry a spare tube anyway to get me home but when I do fix a tube I want it to work

Carry some slime instant- stick patches, they're brill (and cheap). Tiny box will fit in your back pocket.:hello:

Tynan

Veteran
yes to tubes but a pump and kit takes up so little space that it's stupid not to carry one

I think all the kits are now made by at most two manufacturers at most, Reno for me, a properly applied patch is stronger then the original tube imho

and instant patches are 'get you home' in my experience

potsy

Rambler
I carry some Park glueless patches,but like Ty says-get you home only -I would imagine,<touch wood> but I've yet to need them whilst out on a ride,do carry 2 spare tubes at all times though.
Tried the Tesco £1 repair kit,but a bit hit and miss I found,and you only get 3 patches.

Top Bottom