Punishment for not cycling to work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Been there, done that:laugh:. It’s particularly poor if you do it the other way round, and cycle in, with all your locker keys and the like left in the car at home. If your workwear is locked away, it means you have to do a 12hr shift, wearing cycling kit, and road shoes with cleats.

OP
OP
spen666

spen666

Legendary Member
Been there, done that:laugh:. It’s particularly poor if you do it the other way round, and cycle in, with all your locker keys and the like left in the car at home. If your workwear is locked away, it means you have to do a 12hr shift, wearing cycling kit, and road shoes with cleats.

Been there done that - had to go to an all day case conference with leading and junior counsel at their chambers in my summer cycling kit ( including cleats)!!! Not sure dusty old chambers in the Temple is the best place to be wearing lycra all day

I now make sure I always have a change of clothing left at work, so if worst happens I have some non cycling kit to wear

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Not done it yet, but I'll no doubt do it one day! Thing is, I wouldn't be allowed to work without safety boots. (do steel toecap SPD's exist?)

Sixmile

Veteran
Been there I don't know how many times. I need my work pass to get into the alley to lock up my bike and then pass again to open the rear door to get into the building, then my locker keys to get to my work clothes and toiletries. On the way out of work though, I can get to the alley without a pass as the door on the inside is unlocked by motion detention so there have been times I've been 'locked' in the alley between the closed back door and the pass activated gate without my work pass! You'd think it's something that'd only happen to you once to learn, but no. I always give myself a proper verbal dressing down when it happens. I've solved the forgotten locker keys conundrum by leaving my spare keys on top of the lockers. Who's going to steal a few shirts and yesterdays underwear!?

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
As a colleague once said, it's not the traffic or weather that you really need to worry about, it's the logistics. Like when you get out of the work shower and realise you've forgotten your pants*.

*for any US readers, I mean underwear

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
That's easily solved, just go commando
i would but i dont keep face paint or a combat vest at work :sad:

Sometimes you get punished for cycling too. The other week, I cycled in AND forgot my clean trousers. Had to wear lycra at the desk until I could get out for lunch and buy new trousers.

Happened once before that 2 years ago, I really need to leave an emergency towel, shirt and trousers at my desk.

si_c

Guru
Sometimes you get punished for cycling too. The other week, I cycled in AND forgot my clean trousers. Had to wear lycra at the desk until I could get out for lunch and buy new trousers.

Happened once before that 2 years ago, I really need to leave an emergency towel, shirt and trousers at my desk.
Been there done that. Although I keep two pairs of trousers and jumpers at work and never take more than one home at a time to clean.

Have had to sit in a baselayer top all day though once. Thankfully I had a jumper over the top.

Top Bottom