Puppy!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
20141004_112805.jpg

Here you go.
He is allegedly 13 weeks and was allegedly born on the 1st July. We, however, are not convinced. Looks a bit younger than that to me. My best (educated) guess is nearer to 8 weeks as he's not as big or a forward as he should be at 13 weeks.
I weighed him on the kitchen scales, by putting him in a large jug, he weighs a mere 2.065kg which is way way way too light for a Saluki lurcher pup.
There were some other, older pups there who were larger and a lot more forward but we took the wee chap as he didn't look to be coping, living outside in a pup crate and was shivering terribly. I was first going to have a larger red roan chap who was nice but then spotted the wee man. Hubster wanted to take him as we know the fate of working lurcher pups who are not going to cut the mustard and it's grim and often involves a sack & shovel.

Anyway, he's home now. Still nameless. He's stuffed his dinner - we stopped off at the local good pet-shop for some good quality puppy meat and mixer. Nice and high in calories. He slept most of the way home, had had a good explore of the garden and living room and is now snoozing on the sofa and ignoring the purple corduroy bunny that he snugged & sucked for the second half of the ride home.

Vet booked for Monday afternoon. He has had his first lot of jabs but I don't believe the seller chap for a second.

He's a lucky fella :wub:

Last edited:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Looks like he has long legs, he could turn into a fast runner. Whatever, he has fallen into a great home, he will make a great dog .

Diggs

Veteran
Awwwww..so cute. looks similar colouring to our Gemma

gemsy.jpg

OP
OP
Saluki

Saluki

Awwwww..so cute. looks similar colouring to our Gemma

View attachment 58153
Beautiful girlie. I love a brindle :wub: I had a brindle boy Greyhound that we called Toffee who sadly died in a freak accident just before I joined CC.
Still struggling with a name. Hubster is calling him 'squirt' at the moment but we really cannot call the poor wee lad that. We are open to suggestion on the name front. We've had a musical theme over the last few years (Gabriel, Feargal, Poco, Maggie May etc).

We are going to feed him every 2 or 3 hours to begin with as he really is very light. We've got him on K9 Optimum puppy food at the mo. He ate like he'd not been fed in a week so he's probably had difficulty getting his fair share of food.

He's all asleep now. I tried to get him to toilet in the garden but he's so wee that he just went under the fence and headed for the front door as it was a bit chilly out. I'll have to make him a wee fleece coat later.

John the Canuck

..a long way from somewhere called Home..
you only have 1 rescue

i have 5 thanks to the semi-feral farm cat
. wee5_zps4e1e94aa.jpg

OP
OP
Saluki

Saluki

you only have 1 rescue

i have 5 thanks to the semi-feral farm cat
. wee5_zps4e1e94aa.jpg
Very cute.
No Billy Whizz is straight off a racetrack - free (here you go darlin' have a dog)
Millie dumped on the A500 from a moving car. She's an RSPCA job
Poco left over a farm fence at our friend's place. She called us and informed us that we needed a new JRT. Probably less than 6 weeks old at the time.
All rescues. The last dog we officially bought was Troy, our GSD, in 1994.

OP
OP
Saluki

Saluki

We are open to suggestion on the name front. We've had a musical theme over the last few years (Gabriel, Feargal, Poco, Maggie May etc).

Bach

i'll get my coat.!..........:hello:
Bit short that. We've considered Ludwig though.

@Saluki How about Robbie? Not that I particularly like Robbie Williams but I met a lady yesterday who has just got a new dog called Robbie and liked the name. :smile:

Hubby says 'no'. Nice try though

Top Bottom