Pure White and Deadly - The Sugar conspiracy (or why the world's obese) ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I haven't tried curing salmon without using sugar, but I would imagine the taste would be quite unpleasant.
As a few have said when they've cut sugar out.
Doesn't taste the same, that much I do know. A bit like comparing fresh to cured.

classic33

Leg End Member
So what/where does fructose do/go when it enters the body?

Slightly overweight people are believed to have a "reserve" that puts them lower down the scale than highly trained athletes, when it comes to the risk of heart attack.

So what/where does fructose do/go when it enters the body?

Slightly overweight people are believed to have a "reserve" that puts them lower down the scale than highly trained athletes, when it comes to the risk of heart attack.

Fab Foodie explained the process nicely on the previous page even though he didn't mentioned Fructose by name. It is a sugar and therefore carbohydrate and the body turns it into glucose and zaps it into your bloodstream.

I don't know about the heart attack reserve.

classic33

Leg End Member
Fab Foodie explained the process nicely on the previous page even though he didn't mentioned Fructose by name. It is a sugar and therefore carbohydrate and the body turns it into glucose and zaps it into your bloodstream.

Sure about that part?

U

User169

Fructose and glucose are different sugar molecules. Both are monosaccharides and the two are stuck together in sucrose (table sugar). Fructose can be absorbed directly by the intestine. If you ingest sucrose, that gets cleaved by sucrase to fructose and glucose in the small intestine and then both get absorbed.

Fructose and glucose are different sugar molecules. Both are monosaccharides and the two are stuck together in sucrose (table sugar). Fructose can be absorbed directly by the intestine. If you ingest sucrose, that gets cleaved by sucrase to fructose and glucose in the small intestine and then both get absorbed.
Does fructose then go directly to the blood? What is the consequence?

U

User169

Does fructose then go directly to the blood? What is the consequence?

Yes, but it can only be processed in the liver. Fructose metabolism ultimately leads to the production of triglycerides which has been suggested to be a bad thing.

The wiki page has quite a lot on this.

Top Bottom