Push bike with a petrol engine added.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Hope this is not a duplicate thread.
Walking to the shop earlier a young guy came past me on a standard hybrid but with a petrol engine fitted.
I waved him over for a chat.
He told me you can buy the engine for £80 off ebay.......he fitted his himself. I just checked and he is right
Told me he gets up to 40 mph.
OK......it was noisy and looked odd but it seemed to do the trick.
I imagine its not legal as he was on the road and with no helmet but my point is, I didn't know they existed.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Well of course it not legal. It’s an illegal moped

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Completely illegal and if stopped they'll be done for riding an unregistered motorcycle, no MOT, no tax, no insurance and no helmet plus anything else that can be thrown at them.

I was leaving Roundhay Park in Leeds, July this year, and exactly same thing been ridden down steep road past Tescos:laugh: fair old flying and I couldn't help laughing, and applauding the ingenuity of the nutter riding it with rolly hanging out if mouth. Loud, smokey and easily hitting 40mph. I thought it was home made, didnt know you buy bits off ebay
He cannot still be alive for sure. Must have come off by now

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
What's a push bike?

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Completely illegal and if stopped they'll be done for riding an unregistered motorcycle, no MOT, no tax, no insurance and no helmet plus anything else that can be thrown at them.
Completely illegal to ride without all those accoutrements but I expect buyers are doing so for engineering and off-road purposes only :smile:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
One of these farted its way past me on the way to work a while ago. Half a mile up the road I passed it - the rider was pushing it along for some reason. It was on a very tired old MTB. He was three miles from any major conurbation.

Top Bottom