Push or Pull?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jokey

Regular
Had a stinker of a cold and not been on either bike for 2 weeks :sad:

Before that, still enjoying the Brompton, but still having problems trying to move it around partially folded (handlebars still up, but otherwise folded) and am wondering if I am doing it wrong! So do you push it in front of you or pull it behind you?

Ta!

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I tended to leave the seatpost up as the handle rather than the handlebars and push it along. Particularly so if leaving front luggage on.

Reactions: mjr

bikegang

Mod before ride, my bike my style...
Pull with front rack handle, fully folded ...

Or push with handlebar, half folded.

If move with seatpost, better tie wheel with frame (velcro strap?).

02+Frame+Garter+Securing+Rear+Wheel+To+Main+Horizontal+Spar+Brompton+Accessories+01-140313-01.jpg

Last edited:

12boy

Guru
So far I have been able to roll my unfolded bike with the shopping bag on it through the grocery store with no pushback. Were there any I would fold it and put it in a grocery cart. I think actually riding it wouldn't fly, though. I tried roller blade wheels because the flimsy ones which came with it were not very good, but they exacerbated the heel strike problem I had with the originals. So I put on some very thin non-turning ones because without any wheels the folded bike rests on the rear fender. I like the cord and button above, though.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'm an EZ wheeler

chriscross1966

Über Member
So far I have been able to roll my unfolded bike with the shopping bag on it through the grocery store with no pushback. Were there any I would fold it and put it in a grocery cart. I think actually riding it wouldn't fly, though. I tried roller blade wheels because the flimsy ones which came with it were not very good, but they exacerbated the heel strike problem I had with the originals. So I put on some very thin non-turning ones because without any wheels the folded bike rests on the rear fender. I like the cord and button above, though.

You've discovered why those titanium ultra-thin EZ wheel upgrades are so popular despite the eye-watering price...

12boy

Guru
Since I don't really have any need to roll folded maybe I will craft some little nubs it can rest on in the first folded position and dispense with the wheels entirely. Perhaps things could support a pack off the saddle. I'll have to think about that.

reppans

I've put quite a few miles rolling mine around in baby stroller mode - through train stations, museums, malls, grocery stores, pedestrian parks, etc. I've been stopped a few times pushing my bike through pedestrian parks on the regular wheels, but then been allowed to pass after converting to baby stroller mode. IMHO, you at least need the rack for this, and the X-Roller mod makes it tip-proof. I have the larger 2016 wheels, but am hunting for larger diameter/shock absorbing, but narrow, skate or luggage wheels to handle rough surfaces better - not sure the EZ or
Bromptification wheels are much of an upgrade from the 2016 wheels.

Top Bottom