Pushed myself too hard and went too far tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Well done on making it home, I remember the first time I did a 100 miler I was feeling like that.

Last week I did a 120 miler and I made sure that I stopped and ate every couple of hours and I felt ok when I got home, as opposed to crawling through the door on my hands and knees like last time.

So I now know I need to get some fuel often on long rides to keep me going and now you know the same :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Irishrich

Irishrich

Über Member
Morning, I'm happy to say that I feel ok today even if the legs are still throbbing a bit. I had a couple of small bottles of beer and almost fell asleep on the sofa I was so knackered. Slept like a baby and into work first thing this morning.
Was thinking about the ride and would attribute most of the problems to not taking in enough food and drink along the ride and not stopping enough for a break although the heavy rain didn't help either. A couple of weeks ago I did a 60 mile sportive that felt like a walk in the park as there was a feed station at 30 miles and 45 miles so everyone got fuelled up and rested for 15 minutes each time. Yesterday I bascially did 58 miles in one go on 2 bottles of water with tabs and 2 fig rolls! Foolish to say the least but like others have said, I did it so will be better for it in future.

yello

That that doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Or something anyway. Training is simply ripping yourself up to rebuild. That applies to the learning process too. Next time, you'll be better equipped and prepared. So it sounds like you had a valuable training ride! :thumbsup:

DougieAB

Getting the messages
These rides are always worse when you are riding solo. Bet you could ride in a group and find 100 miles easier than this. Extra jelly babies required for next time.^_^

Top Bottom