Putting a pet down!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have just had a phone call from my Dad who lives in India? as It is 3am over there. But putting that aside he told me that his dog which is living with my sister had a fight with another dog (a Big one) It is going to cost £480 in vets bills. The thing is that he just asked me to take him to the vets to get him put down:ohmy::sad:

Ok it is his dog and he can not do it given where he is and my sister is going to be so upset and not willing to. I have to do it but the thing is how?

wafflycat

Is the dog in India?

Reads again - it's in the UK?

Whowever has the dog needs to be getting in contact with their local vet. If it's an emergency and the animal requires euthanasia immediately, then if it's weekends or evenings expect a large bill anyway.

Suggestion - dependent upon just how bad the animal is, a local rescue organisation may be willing to incur the costs of getting the dog well again *provided* the ownership of the animal is transferred to it.

dudi

Sorry to hear about the dog, pet inurys are no fun!

Pop to the Vets and ask them to put the dog to sleep.

it feels like a strange thing for you to do, but they get it all the time so will be able to help you through the process.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Think it's your or sister's call...... might be part of the family, and £480 isn't much for a op.... they cost......

Can't really offer advice...i wouldn't put a healthy animal down......even a simple op will runup hundreds... I pay £40 a month insurance for our 3 cats.........

wafflycat said:
Is the dog in India?

Reads again - it's in the UK?

Whowever has the dog needs to be getting in contact with their local vet. If it's an emergency and the animal requires euthanasia immediately, then if it's weekends or evenings expect a large bill anyway.

Suggestion - dependent upon just how bad the animal is, a local rescue organisation may be willing to incur the costs of getting the dog well again *provided* the ownership of the animal is transferred to it.

Sorry it is not my dads dog that came off worse that was the over dog. We are paying the over dogs vet bill but that is easy just go round and hand over the cash.

But how do I just go into a vets or do I have to book?

Spandex, you are making no sense. Your dad wants his dog put down because it attacked another? That throws an entirely different light on it. Get it a muzzle and some training then.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
So the other dog is badly injured, and it will cost £480 in Vet's bills, but your Father would like his dog put down because it attacked the other dog?

Do you know why your Dad's dog attacked the other one so badly?

MichaelM

Guru
spandex said:
I have just had a phone call from my Dad who lives in India? as It is 3am over there. But putting that aside he told me that his dog which is living with my sister had a fight with another dog (a Big one) It is going to cost £480 in vets bills. The thing is that he just asked me to take him to the vets to get him put down:ohmy::sad:

Ok it is his dog and he can not do it given where he is and my sister is going to be so upset and not willing to. I have to do it but the thing is how?

So your dad moved to India and left his dog with your sister. Having been involved in a fight, a quote of £480 implies that it's been assessed by a vet. Your dad can't be arsed to pay that and would rather have the dog put down.

Shocking.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
MichaelM said:
So your dad moved to India and left his dog with your sister. Having been involved in a fight, a quote of £480 implies that it's been assessed by a vet. Your dad can't be arsed to pay that and would rather have the dog put down.

Shocking.

Michael, I do not think that is what has happened, but Spandex is justifiably upset, and the situation is not clear.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
How ive got it, is you other persons dog has come off worse, and the vets bills are £480(or whatever it was) and your dad says just have the dog put down.
Am i right?
Its up to whoever really, cant just say to someone that price is too much have it put down. But that is alot.
Say you will pay half and give their bikes a good service?:biggrin:

Top Bottom