Putting a pet down!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MichaelM

Guru
spandex said:
Sorry it is not my dads dog that came off worse that was the over dog. We are paying the over dogs vet bill but that is easy just go round and hand over the cash.

But how do I just go into a vets or do I have to book?

A bit different - but depending on the circumstances a vet might refuse to put a dog down.

What sort of dog is it?

It is a German Alsatian crossed with a Staffordshire bull terrier 11 years old and has had lots of problems with his back legs over the years and still dose. He is lovely with humans but anything else that is it he will try his best to get at them!

What happened was he attacked another dog he did not have a mark on him but the over dog is in a very bad way. This is not the first time and with his age and the problems with his back legs my Dad has decided it is time.

Blott's Mate

Sounds very upsetting. Shouldn't have been out without a muzzle on. Prob made more stroppy by pain from back legs. If there is a strong risk of a repeat incident as a vet I would put the dog to sleep. Very very sad situation.

Night Train

Maker of Things
The other dog should be paid for, probably by whoever was responsible for the family dog at the time.

The family dog may be better off rehomed. If it is ok with people then if it is muzzled and kept away from other anaimals then it could live out its life happily.
Discuss its condition with a vet to see what can be done to ease its suffering. If it is very ill then the vet may suggest putting it to sleep anyway but otherwise it should have treatment for its own ailments.

Don't agree with unnecessary euthanasia for animals, people sometimes but not animals.

Top Bottom