QR Stem for a Folder?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zzpza

I've bought a new Dahon Jack (26" wheel folder) frameset. I'm looking for a quick release stem, but something that will keep alignment. e.g. it comes with a collar that attaches to the steerer tube that the stem can attach and detach from. Does such a thing exist, or have I just made it up? I could have sworn I had seen one somewhere, but can't place it now. Anything else that would achieve the same result (remove / reattach bars without having to realign) is also welcome.

TIA! :smile:

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Does such a thing exist, or have I just made it up? I could have sworn I had seen one somewhere, but can't place it now. Anything else that would achieve the same result (remove / reattach bars without having to realign) is also welcome.

TIA! :smile:

Sure. It is the NVO stem system. Some Dahons come with them (or a Biologic own label copy) as standard. Greyville sells them.

Alternatively you could just get a 28.6mm (which is 1 1/8") clamp as a spacer on an alloy steerer under the stem as suggested by the late great Sheldon - that is what I have on my Jack - while it doesn't keep the handlebar angle alignment (which imho is a doddle to set) it keeps the preload on the headset bearings even more stable than a stem cap/bolt could in my view.

Top Bottom