Qs for Bristol Cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I have used the path from Pill to the city center along the western bank of the River Avon a few times.

Is there a similar path from Avonmouth or Shirehampton on the Eastern Bank?

Secondly when just getting from A to B from Aust I just come along the A403 all the way to Avonmouth then join the M5 bridge path near shirehampton to continue on to the West or get to Pill.

Is there a "pretty route" between Aust and Bristol City center that doesnt involve massive extra mileage but avoids the major roads?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
The other side of the Avon has a path beside The Portway - it varies in width being narrower towards Avonmouth and it doesn't quite meet up with the bridge but quiet roads to link up with it. It drops you in at the Cumberland Basin.

Not done the Aust route so I can't comment on that one.

Not sure what counts as major - as there are several main roads that vary in how pleasant they are to me and I like looking at the varying housing and gardens etc (if you exclude the large housing estates). Most of the main roads aren't bad outside the main commuting times.

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Thanks for that. i have ridden the path from Portishead to Bristol City but not used the one by the Portway, will have a look next time I am over . Dont like the sound of being dropped in the Cumberland Basin though ^_^

Top Bottom