England : Somerset Quantocks and Levels - 2/6/13

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I was chatting to @Maggot on the Merry Monks Audax a couple of weeks ago and we thought it was time to have another go at putting on a South West ride.

So ... assuming the weather's decent(ish), does anyone fancy meeting up in Taunton for a 40 mile jaunt up into the Quantocks for lunch at Blackmore Farm, heading for home via Burrow Mump and the Levels? There's also an option for a second stop at the excellent community coffee shop in North Curry.

A steady pace - nobody gets left behind. Mostly on quiet, if potholed, country lanes with a couple of stretches on busy main roads and a few miles on the canal tow path (fine for skinny tyres if ridden with care).

Meet at the benches outside the (sadly closed) Brewhouse Theatre on NCN3 - free parking on Sundays at the Coal Orchard car park next door. Click here for a map.

Not sure what time - 9.30 / 10am?

None of my favourite (independent) coffee shops close to the Brewhouse seem to be open on a Sunday morning but if anyone needs a pre-ride coffee / toilet stop, we'll be going past Hestercombe, just a couple of miles on the way out of town.

Any takers?

Peteaud

Veteran
Poss, but i need to see what i am doing that weekend as i am in the lake district that week.

lilolee

Veteran
If this wasn't the same weekend as the FNRttC I would come down for this.

Top Bottom