Query re tyre sizes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lucklesspedestrian

Hi

I've finally managed to persuade the wife to get her first adult bike and accordingly we picked up a Carrera hybrid from Halfords in the sale yesterday.

For £180 it's a decent starter bike but the only thing is the tyres look rather large (and slow). I've always had bikes with 700c wheels and for road bikes usually swap up from 23c to 28c tyres and for my hybrids move down from 38c or whatever to 28c (okay, I like 28c, I admit, it's a nice compromise!!)

I just noticed on the Carrera however it's got 27.5" wheels and the tyres are 27.5" x 1.95". I was hoping to just swap on a pair of 700x 28c tyres that I have in the garage but I'm guessing that won't do.

Can anyone advice what the equivilant tyre size would be that would fit those 27.5" rims?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Hi

I've finally managed to persuade the wife to get her first adult bike and accordingly we picked up a Carrera hybrid from Halfords in the sale yesterday.

For £180 it's a decent starter bike but the only thing is the tyres look rather large (and slow). I've always had bikes with 700c wheels and for road bikes usually swap up from 23c to 28c tyres and for my hybrids move down from 38c or whatever to 28c (okay, I like 28c, I admit, it's a nice compromise!!)

I just noticed on the Carrera however it's got 27.5" wheels and the tyres are 27.5" x 1.95". I was hoping to just swap on a pair of 700x 28c tyres that I have in the garage but I'm guessing that won't do.

Can anyone advice what the equivilant tyre size would be that would fit those 27.5" rims?

Thanks in advance

Steve

700c is 29” so the 700c 28s won’t fit.

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Schwalbe-B...MIy76o5_yH2QIVpLDtCh3j9wVbEAQYAyABEgIEy_D_BwE

These will.

27.5 X 2.00

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Why do you want to change the tyres, are you trying to turn it into a bike that you want?

I would leave it as is and just set it up to fit your wife and then see how she gets on with it. She might like the plushness of the larger tyre.

Top Bottom