Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
simonali

simonali

Guru
Kinda. I thought I'd have a look to see what sort of prices people were asking, but I'd rather keep them and use them as flowerpots than sell 'em for a quid! :sad:

OP
OP
simonali

simonali

Guru
Right then, I'm gonna sell these shoes. They're for sale at £30 + £3P&P.

Any takers?

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
simonali said:
Got a vintage pair stuck somewhere, too, prolly in the garage. A pair of original Time road shoes a-la Greg Lemond 1989 tour. I bet no-one has the pedals to suit them anymore!
I have! Three road bikes with pedals that take those cleats - including one set of the first Time magnesium/titanium pedals (complete with zero cornering clearance, and duly scraped on the hairpins of Izoard, Galibier, Iseran, Bonette etc!).

Also have two pairs of the original 1988 Time shoes sitting in the spares box. Also size 43, but feet are now 44......

OP
OP
simonali

simonali

Guru
Foghat said:
I have! Three road bikes with pedals that take those cleats - including one set of the first Time magnesium/titanium pedals (complete with zero cornering clearance, and duly scraped on the hairpins of Izoard, Galibier, Iseran, Bonette etc!).

Also have two pairs of the original 1988 Time shoes sitting in the spares box. Also size 43, but feet are now 44......

Sold my pair for a tenner this week! Couldn't envisage me ever having a use for them again so they've gone to someone who'll use them.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Sounds like you've got buyers lined up, but to answer the OP - yes. Absolutely. Loads of them go on ebay, typically 'only worn once/twice' or whatever - people buy them, find they don't fit perfectly, buy more, what to do with the first pair? Put 'em on ebay of course! An 'advanced search' on completed listings suggests they go for anything between about a fiver and £40.

yenrod

I got my last pair of Sidi's for £85 (1995) retail..it was a while till i looked again...and was nearly floored by how much they are now !

For the basic plastic version you may as well buy these :biggrin: OR if you want brand new get a carbon other name job as they cost as much as a cheap but ok carbon soled shoe new. Inflation eh....

domtyler

Über Member
simonali said:
Again, without going to look (wifey is in bed), I'd guess 43 euro size, which is about 8½.

Er, this may be a silly question, but why is your wife wearing them in bed? :biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Fantastic - well looked after shoes will fetch a premium, and don't forget, cycling shoes are constantly vented in use, so don't ever become smelly.

I've got some Genius 3's - been great shoes, but like has been said before, Sidi are way too expensive on their carbon shoes...

Top Bottom