Questions for you all

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mushroomgodmat

Über Member
1 - never had a need to use one - but them im pretty happy going 30-50 miles and no more.

2 - No

3 - No - i figure that if I get a puncher ill call my wife to come and get me, using the GPS as an aid if im out in the sticks.

4 - no idea....I bought some and they worked - they cost me about £25 i think

5 - Ipods not ipads :smile: But odd one this....I have always sufferened from Earache, so sometimes (because Norfolk can get windy) ill have headphones in, but not on.

6 - yes, all the time.

7 - never bought one...But i wouldnt say thay are a waste of time

8 - no

9 - no (i find it quite intresting)

10 - never, but I have only racked up 1200 miles and most of thats on a short commute.

11 - no

12 - yes, but I dont mind

13 - im not a member of any group, i have not cycled with any other cyclest, and I only wear jeans and a tshirt. If that changed, i dont think i would change my habits to please them. I appresiate that cycle cloths/gear can help greatly, but I ride because I enjoy it, and Im comfortable in jeans and a tshirt.

1 - How many of you actually believe that camel backs are truly a good investment ?

Yes, for certain types of riding - mountain biking (bottles get dirty), audax (carries more drink)

2 - does spending x amount on a brand model make you feel any better

No, poorer.

3 - Do you always take spare tubes and a repair kit at all times

No

4 - What do you regard as very good value for money when it comes to bike lights

Ones that let me see where I'm going on a dark wet night.

5 - Do you listen to you ipad when cycling on roads / cycle tracks

iPad? Its too big!!!

6 - do you make a habit of sprinting whilst out on the bike even though there is no point .. because you all the time in the world to get where your going

No

7 - Cycling top's do you believe they are a waste of money and a simple tshirt is just as effective

Do t-shirts have pockets?

8 - how many of you are members of cycling clubs

All one of me.

9 - do you believe it's cringworthy of other cyclists posting video's of there cycle to work

No

10 - How many times have you been out for a cycle and a fellow cyclist has offerd you a drink ..

Only in the pub.

11 - Have you ever run out of water / juice and knocked on a door whilst out in the countryside and asked for water ..

Yes.

12 - whilst out have you ever noticed how some cyclists seem to think there in the TDF whilst hammering it along a cycle track

Oui, mais c'est la vie.

13 - do you honestly believe that wearing all the gear makes you feel the part or any better or because you have feel you need to fit in with your fellow cyclists when out for a group ride ... and would they shun you if you appeared wearing jeans and a tshirt

No

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway
1 - How many of you actually believe that camel backs are truly a good investment ?
No.

Only if I think I'm getting good value for money.

2 spare tubes and tools if going more than about 3 miles from home.

4 - What do you regard as very good value for money when it comes to bike lights
Less than £100 for the lot. Need to be very bright, though.

No

6 - do you make a habit of sprinting whilst out on the bike even though there is no point .. because you all the time in the world to get where your going
No, but keep up a good pace.

7 - Cycling top's do you believe they are a waste of money and a simple tshirt is just as effective
I get mine cheap from Sports Direct. Synthetic fabric is important.

No.

9 - do you believe it's cringworthy of other cyclists posting video's of there cycle to work
Depends on the videos. If they are for a purpose, then no. ("their", not "there"!)

10 - How many times have you been out for a cycle and a fellow cyclist has offerd you a drink ..
Never

11 - Have you ever run out of water / juice and knocked on a door whilst out in the countryside and asked for water ..
No

12 - whilst out have you ever noticed how some cyclists seem to think there in the TDF whilst hammering it along a cycle track
No. ("they're", not "there")

13 - do you honestly believe that wearing all the gear makes you feel the part or any better or because you have feel you need to fit in with your fellow cyclists when out for a group ride ... and would they shun you if you appeared wearing jeans and a tshirt
Never been for a group ride apart from sponsored rides or friend/family.

As long as it comes with the rest of the camel yes
Always, and I must make sure the tops and shorts match my bike
3 - Do you always take spare tubes and a repair kit at all time
I make my wife drive a transit with full repair station behind me wherever I go
The ability to blind as many oncoming people as possible
Always, I also like to sing and clap my hands to the best bits
Only if I see someone of lesser standing than myself then I must get ahead
See (2) - You are not a cyclist unless your top matches your bike
I run my own club but I keep having to expel people as they are weaker than me
No, I a youtube channels containing all of my footage from both of my cameras regardless of what is showing
Never, no one else can keep up with me to give me one
Never ask, it is our right as cyclists to take water from wherever we want
Its a cycle track not a walking path, and the TDF is for pussies
I would stamp on someones face until they cry if someone attempted to join in anything less than matching bike/top

If this was a real survey, it was in the wrong section.....

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway
No. And it's 'they're'. I haven't met any cyclists suffering from delusional schizophrenia manifesting itself in them somehow believing they are in fact in another part of the world taking part in an event they are not.

"... manifesting itself in their somehow believing ...":tongue:

Never, no one else can keep up with me to give me one

You mean you don't have a domestique carrying your water bottles for you? And you call yourself a cyclist?

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
They make great seats.
I'd far rather spend N
Only when on the bike
10 Lumins / £1
I don't own one
There is always a point to everything I do
T shirts are for drinking T
There is only one of me
Syntactical invalid question
A few times but I am TT so I refuse
Only is the door is attached to a dwelling
No
If I appeared wearing cycling and jeans I would be hailed as a God. If I cycled in them I don't know

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty

1 - no
2 - sometimes if my experience of the brand has been good - Continental tyres would be an example
3 - yes for the road bike, no for the Brompton
4 - any light that gives me 50 yards of visibility in the dark
5 - never
6 - no
7 - far from a waste of money - particularly if they're the Friday's shirt
8 - I am
9 - no - if that's what they want to do, then that's fine by me
10 - a lot. Over 100 times
11 - yes
12 - rarely
13 - what's the question?

gavroche

Getting old but not past it

1. dont know what camel backs are.
2. not really.
3. repair kit yes. Dont have spare tube.
4.dont use them.
5.never.
6. sometimes.
7.cycling tops are much better sweat absorbant. T-shirts get sweaty quickly.
8.no
9. never thought about it.
10. never.
11.no, always carry enough for my ride.
12.often.
13.if out on a ride, I wear the gear. If just going into town, casual wear.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
1 - No
2 - No
3 – Yes
4 - How long is a pice of string ?

5 – No, only idiots do this.
6 – It’s called commuter racing
7 – No they are not a waste of money. They wick away sweat whereas a T shirt does not
8 - No

9 - No they can post what they want however they don’t always like the critique
10 - Several
11 – No, I plan better than that.
12 – Sometimes

13 – I don’t give a toss what others think and will wear what is most comfortable

Glow worm

Legendary Member

I have no idea what a camel back is- apart from the ones with humps that is

Don't make me laugh!

Only when cycling

I have dynamo lights which are free I guess

I have a radio or sometimes an MP3 player thing but it doesn't get long wave

Never- a nice steady 10mph here

t-shirt here.

No . I'm a miserable bastard and enjoy cycling partly because it enables me to escape the human race for a while. the idea of joining some of them on a ride fills me with horror and dread

No. It can be quite helpful. and funny.

Never

No.

Can't say it's a problem - no harm done. not for me though.

I couldn't care less what anyone thinks! I have no gear at all and an old pair of jeans does me fine.

Evil Rabbit

1 - camel backs are truly a good investment ?

Depends on where and how you ride. But for me, no.

2 - spending x amount on a brand model make you feel any better

Yes.

3 - always take spare tubes and a repair kit at all times

Yes.

£50

No

6 - do you make a habit of sprinting whilst out on the bike even though there is no point

Yes.

Yes

Not me

No

Lots

No.

Yes

Makes me feel good

Top Bottom