Questions you want answers for (but were afraid to ask)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
[QUOTE 3565052, member: 45"]Search for "fart helmet" on YouTube. It's disgusting.[/QUOTE]

Nnnnnnnoo, it's ok thanks! :whistle:

Does the presence of Number Two require the existence of Number One

Depends if you can hold it in!

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Why do normal healthy people with working legs stop still as soon as they step onto an escalator? Going up or down?
weeeee-2.jpg

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Are they sure there was a big bang at the start of things? And if there was something there to create the Big Bang was it really at the beginning?

No, they're not. They actually think it may have been a big freeze and the universe may have been kind of like a puddle which crystalized. Big Bang is more likely, but because of the way light bends, as opposed to the theory of general relativity, big bang's a tiny bit dodgy anyway. Big bang suggests a singularity though...a hot ball of nothing...a central starting point which shrank & expanded until it, effectively, popped out too fast to shrink in again. Hasn't stopped expanding since, they say, and they're a tiny bit worried that it might one day & then shrink back to singularity again, returning us all to source and ending all life. All fun & doom.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
No, they're not. They actually think it may have been a big freeze and the universe may have been kind of like a puddle which crystalized. Big Bang is more likely, but because of the way light bends, as opposed to the theory of general relativity, big bang's a tiny bit dodgy anyway. Big bang suggests a singularity though...a hot ball of nothing...a central starting point which shrank & expanded until it, effectively, popped out too fast to shrink in again. Hasn't stopped expanding since, they say, and they're a tiny bit worried that it might one day & then shrink back to singularity again, returning us all to source and ending all life. All fun & doom.
Hmmmm, any idea when? Should I put all thoughts of a new bike on hold for now?

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Hmmmm, any idea when? Should I put all thoughts of a new bike on hold for now?

They're guessing, get your new bike, get me one as well.

D

Deleted member 1258

:wacko:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Why do they lock the gates on graveyards at night?
Are they afraid someone will get out.
To stop people going in - I'll let you guess why :whistle: though can't fathom me how anybody could, with this country's weather.
They lock some parks too, after sundown. They also lock the gates of some cycle paths, discovered this a few years ago, just made it through on a summer evening.

Why only at night then? Even during the period called Summer, when its ligher later, they still lock them.
Yes, but the opening hours are extended during summer.
Its not a new thing though. Its been done for a long while now.
The ancient wealth families used to bury their dead in crypts, you should know that :laugh: they could be used by homeless folks or damaged by vandals and looters hence the closing after the caretaker goes home.
I used to read Victorian novels, hence the knowledge about cemeteries ^_^
The homeless

classic33

Leg End Member
To stop people going in - I'll let you guess why :whistle: though can't fathom me how anybody could, with this country's weather.
They lock some parks too, after sundown. They also lock the gates of some cycle paths, discovered this a few years ago, just made it through on a summer evening.

Yes, but the opening hours are extended during summer.

The ancient wealth families used to bury their dead in crypts, you should know that :laugh: they could be used by homeless folks or damaged by vandals and looters hence the closing after the caretaker goes home.
I used to read Victorian novels, hence the knowledge about cemeteries ^_^
The homeless
Aware of the reasons behind grave sitting. Same reason behind wakes, before burial.
Anyone wanting in would only have a small wall to climb though.

classic33

Leg End Member
Why then is the outer edge of the universe expanding at a slower rate then?

Top Bottom