Questions you'd like answering, regardless of how trivial they may seem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Why do snails climb?

we’ve currently got a small army heading for the sky on the gable end of our house. There’s nothing up there for them except more brick

It's the same with slugs. I got up in the early hours of the morning and found them on my kitchen wall, work units and even in the sink. I now spray everything with bleach first thing in the morning.

richardfm

Veteran
Why do people put "Polite Notice" as a heading on a notice? I can tell if it is polite by reading it.

Similarly, why do they put "Public Notice". You put it up in a public place for the public to see and when I read it I see that it has information intended for the public.

Alex321

Veteran
Why do people put "Polite Notice" as a heading on a notice? I can tell if it is polite by reading it.
In the hopes that at first glance you will see it as Police Notice, then read it properly as a result.
Similarly, why do they put "Public Notice". You put it up in a public place for the public to see and when I read it I see that it has information intended for the public.

To make it clear it isn't something that is (for instance) a private advert, or something such as church notice which my be in a public place, but not really intended for anybody but members of that church.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
In the hopes that at first glance you will see it as Police Notice, then read it properly as a result.

You see some hi viz jackets with it on too.
Often horse riders and some cyclists.
Often with a blue and white checkered pattern.
Not sure how legal they are.
IMG_4928.jpeg

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
In the film "the good, the bad and the ugly", why are some speaking parts over dubbed in English? Were the other lines spoken in a different language, because those actors didn't speak English?

Alex321

Veteran
Why is this site operating if .Gov Uk takes payments I wonder?

It is most probably a scam site.

Either is doesn't pay the tax at all, or it is charging you a premium to do what you can perfectly well do yourself.

It is the same thing with all the sites around offering you a GHIC card for a fee, when it is free if you just apply yourself on the gov website.

Top Bottom