Questions you'd like answering, regardless of how trivial they may seem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Haha.....it crossed my mind when I posted it but thought "surely no one else has a mind like mine".

1704052468613.jpeg

Chris S

Legendary Member
How did a thread on watch batteries end up being about cats? :smile:
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/396-and-397-watch-batteries.291213/page-2#post-7132602

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
While tidying my dried foods, tins, packets etc cupboard I found a tin of Aldi mixed beans at the back. The top of the tin/can was quite mucky, so I wiped it to look at the best before date, but as I wiped it the date came off. I think I've had the tin for about 3 to 4 years, so it will be quite out of date. My question is will these mixed beans be safe to eat? I know when opening the tin I'll be able to tell if the water's gone manky and stuff, but if they look ok are they still safe to eat? 🤔

Alex321

Veteran
While tidying my dried foods, tins, packets etc cupboard I found a tin of Aldi mixed beans at the back. The top of the tin/can was quite mucky, so I wiped it to look at the best before date, but as I wiped it the date came off. I think I've had the tin for about 3 to 4 years, so it will be quite out of date. My question is will these mixed beans be safe to eat? I know when opening the tin I'll be able to tell if the water's gone manky and stuff, but if they look ok are they still safe to eat? 🤔

Tinned food rarely has a "use by" date, it usually just ahs "best before". In other words, it is usually safe to eat indefinitely, but may lose some of its' taste if not eaten by the best before date.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Tinned food rarely has a "use by" date, it usually just ahs "best before". In other words, it is usually safe to eat indefinitely, but may lose some of its' taste if not eaten by the best before date.

After finding the beans I found a packet of almond fingers with a BB date of 12-9-23. They feel a bit hard, but I think they're supposed to be like that.

The mixed beans will be ok taste wise as they're going in my slow cooker, along with loads of veg and 2 bulbs of garlic. I'll put them in more for the healthy aspect than for any taste.

richardfm

Veteran
Two questions occurred to me today.
1) Why do vans that carry cash have signs on the back saying "Police follow this van"?
2) Why do coaches with rear wheel steering have signs on the back saying "Beware rear wheel steering"?

1. So the baddies might just think it's not a good idea to steal from the cash van ?
2. Cos they can make sharper moves out than you'd otherwise expect them to ?

richardfm

Veteran
1. So the baddies might just think it's not a good idea to steal from the cash van ?
2. Cos they can make sharper moves out than you'd otherwise expect them to ?

1) Does anyone really think the police will follow a van just because it has a sign on the back?
2) When I've been behind them and seen the signs they just follow the road.

classic33

Leg End Member
Two questions occurred to me today.
1) Why do vans that carry cash have signs on the back saying "Police follow this van"?
2) Why do coaches with rear wheel steering have signs on the back saying "Beware rear wheel steering"?
1) It's both a warning, that they may be following and a request for the police to follow them.
2) It's not an everyday feature on such vehicles, and can make the drivers of other vehicles think there's a problem. As already mentioned, the system allows for tighter turns than expected from such a vehicle.

Top Bottom