Questions you'd like answering, regardless of how trivial they may seem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tribansman

Veteran
Curried cheese...is that allowed?🤔
Absolutely! I usually fry some spices in the butter before I add eggs when making a cheese and beans or cheese, tomato and onion omelette.

If you want a cheese in your stew that won't melt, try paneer. Although you'll have to add salt and maybe spices to that as on its own it's pretty tasteless. Nice squeaky texture though.

I also find cream cheese - esp the garlic and herb version - works well in most stews and pasta dishes

Tenkaykev

Guru
Absolutely! I usually fry some spices in the butter before I add eggs when making a cheese and beans or cheese, tomato and onion omelette.

If you want a cheese in your stew that won't melt, try paneer. Although you'll have to add salt and maybe spices to that as on its own it's pretty tasteless. Nice squeaky texture though.

I also find cream cheese - esp the garlic and herb version - works well in most stews and pasta dishes
I'd not thought of frying spices in butter when making an omelette, I'll give it a try next time. Your mention of Paneer in stew got me wondering if Halloumi cut into small cubes would be an alternative ( I'm very fond of Halloumi )

Tribansman

Veteran
I'd not thought of frying spices in butter when making an omelette, I'll give it a try next time. Your mention of Paneer in stew got me wondering if Halloumi cut into small cubes would be an alternative ( I'm very fond of Halloumi )
I reckon so, it holds up to heat pretty well 👍

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Assuming we are still talking about cheese, I favour a biscuit base.

no base layers for cycling

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Curried cheese...is that allowed?🤔
Oh yes.
600DB7F8-BF5F-4B5B-A787-02B060D07CB4.jpeg

Dave7

Legendary Member
Ok,i'll start off. Can you put cheese in a casserole? I've made a casserole,or a stew whatever you want to call it. I have a few small blocks of cheese which need eating soon before they go off. I'm thinking about putting some cheese into the thing. As i post i don't expect many,if any replies at this time of night,but for future reference is it ok to do so? 🤔

View attachment 587124

View attachment 587125
https://foodnetwork.co.uk/recipes/b...tm_source=foodnetwork.com&utm_medium=domestic
Beef & cheddar reipe.
Forget the fancy pants bits.........but it tells you that you can indeed add it.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I always add spices to my omelettes. I open the door and whatever jumps out gets chucked in ie italian, some Hendos relish, whatever shouts loudest.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Glad I haven't got the task of cleaning that pot afterwards.
It's easy as i just soak it for 10 minutes after,then wash it. My plug in grill is the problem when it comes to washing it after use. No matter how careful i am things like the batter off fish,the skin off sausages,the skin off tomatoes etc sticks to it and then burns. I have to kind of soak the thing by wetting the surface,but not too much as the water would/could pour off onto the electrical bits.:ohmy:

Top Bottom