Questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kovu

Über Member
Okay so I am once more bored and lurking CC as I do most of time. So a few questions, xmas related:

1.) What nationality is father chrsitmas?

2.) Why is red associated with xmas, because red is supposed to mean danger and anger, or is it just because of Coca Cola?

Thank you for putting with me ;)

1) turkish?

2) coca cola. think he was green clothed initially

oh, who cares, it'll be over soon, thank goodness. 10 days to go until the solstice

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
laurence said:
1) turkish?

2) coca cola. think he was green clothed initially

oh, who cares, it'll be over soon, thank goodness. 10 days to go until the solstice

PAr Humbug!! A turkish santa hmmmm not too sure.

well, he'd have been an Otterman back in those days. think the legend goes along the lines that a man was having to 'sell' his daughter off in marriage to get a dowry as he was so poor. Mr Claus (or whatever) was a rich man and one night he climbed onto the roof of the old man's house and dropped gold coins down the chimney to save the girl.

eric, dave, steve, sven and ingrid are the reindeer that people always forget.

mondobongo

Über Member
Snopes has it as false that Coke invented the modern appearance of Santa. Ii surprised me as I thought it was as originally he wore green.

mondobongo said:
Snopes has it as false that Coke invented the modern appearance of Santa. Ii surprised me as I thought it was as originally he wore green.

as that article points out - he was attributed to many colours. i think he also wore black in some countries. it was coca cola's publicity campaign that started to get the red and white image across as the norm.

red is a winter colour though - think berries and robins, so the colour would have been associated with the figure.

Top Bottom