Queue-nard or Coo-nard? Which is it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
nipped my sack last evening with the narrator's coo-nard pronunciation of Cunard which every one else seemed to pronounce as queue-nard or cue-nard.

Then again her Majesty, gawd-luv-er, pronounced "Queen Elizabeth" as "Queen Elizabeth the Second" so who knows?

nipped my sack last evening with the narrator's coo-nard pronunciation of Cunard which every one else seemed to pronounce as queue-nard or cue-nard.

Then again her Majesty, gawd-luv-er, pronounced "Queen Elizabeth" as "Queen Elizabeth the Second" so who knows?
I know a few of the folk who work for Carnival, and Cunard, they all pronounce it Queue-Nard, given some of them take the bookings, and have to say it hundreds of times a week, they should know.

Adam4868

Guru
Watched that last night,ive allways thought it was "queue nard" brought back memories as I worked on the QE2 in my younger days.Blagged myself a job as a waiter and did a couple of world cruises.It was a gorgeous ship.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Only 3 A's !! Must be shorthand Scouse

Birkenhead ?

Adam4868

Guru
We were staying in a hotel just outside Kusadasi (about 2004 or 5) and awoke one morning to find the QE2 moored a few hundred metres offshore. An absolutely stunning looking ship - particularly compared to the bloated, top heavy cruise ships that were in the harbour.
I probally didnt appreciate it when working,more interested in fags n booze in the crew bar ! But I allways thought of the hotel in the Shining,which was probally something to do with the booze....

Globalti

Legendary Member
It's kew-nard. The company's CEO was in our ski chalet in the French Alps over Christmas and we shared a couple of bottles of Pouilly Fumé. He called it kew-nard.

Top Bottom