Quick Computer Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Quick Computer Question, if I may?
My wife is going to buy our daughter an Apple lap-top, 'through the business'
Having looked at them myself online, it seems to me that the memories are woefully small

128GB/256GB seems to be a regular figure, as she'll be using it for 6th form, come September, I'd have thought a much bigger memory would be a major requirement

My old, Desktop PC, sadly defunct due to incessant crashing/switching itself off at random was 2TB, the replacement lap-top is 1TB
Do Apple measure memory capacity differently, or have I missed something in their specifications?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Documents shouldn't trouble a 128GB HDD, but music and video is another story.

Get a USB stick and back everything up onto that also, or indeed cloud storage.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
As @Markymark says...

What are the specs of the potential purchase, without mixing the components up...
Memory / RAM = ???
Hard Disk Space / HDD = ???

Then we can give you a usability view.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
In order for Apple to get their notebooks that thin they use SSD for storage rather then a conventional HD. This allows the device to start and perform faster, unfortunately they are still very expensive in larger capacities.
You can use an external device for storage if needed as suggested or the cloud.

In order for Apple to get their notebooks that thin they use SSD for storage rather then a conventional HD. This allows the device to start and perform faster, unfortunately they are still very expensive in larger capacities.
You can use an external device for storage if needed as suggested or the cloud.
My new dell pc has both. A 100gb solid state to install all software on and 1tb for files. Threw me at first as it wasn't clear but it's super quick.

I'm not sure on the model, she's actually wanting
I will find out, as I believe we're off to the Apple shop (Sheffield 'Meadowhell') on Saturday morning

A thought did strike me, when she said that
"Oh good!!, I (we) can nip to the Planet X shop afterwards"

Then............

"Oh bugger!!, I'm on a 'late-turn', so need to get home & get ready to go to work, damn!!"

Top Bottom