Quick CTW question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Hi

Does anyone know if I could buy a frame and components using CTW, or does it have to be a ready-made bike?

Ta

Kies

Ready made bike afaik

matthat

Über Member
You can now just purchase accessories on the ctw so I don't see why you can't buy just purchase a frame and groupset as long as it comes under the 1K!! Drop them an e-mail and ask or pop into your LBS and ask as they should know.

OP
OP
3narf

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Sounds good! I suppose if I was buying a frame, forks, wheels, stem, bars, seat post, saddle, chainset, brakes and gears they could probably give me a receipt for a bike anyway...

I fancy a Ragley Piglet. Not to commute on, you understand!

Thx

OP
OP
3narf

3narf

For whom the bell dings
I won't tell anyone if you don't! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
3narf

3narf

For whom the bell dings
:ohmy:

OHOO! Blackmail.

You can have an orange wheel reflector with one of the tabs broken off.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
The guidelines by which all schemes operate can be found at the following URL:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/cycle-to-work-scheme-implementation-guidance

This documentation states
Eligible equipment includes cycles and cyclists' safety equipment. The tax exemption defines a "cycle" as 'a bicycle, a tricycle, or a cycle having four or more wheels, not being in any case a motor vehicle'. An electrically assisted pedal cycle can be included under the scheme.
It is worth noting that cyclists' safety equipment is not defined in the legislation.
You can generally get wheels, tyres on the scheme, and bits like that without to much issue but I have had a set of handlebars a saddle and water bottle cages rejected.

OP
OP
3narf

3narf

For whom the bell dings
I remember when life was so simple. :sad:

I suppose I could attach the wheels and forks (not necessarily in that order) in the shop then it'd technically be a bike!

musa

Über Member
Yes you might if you needed a quote ask to write it as a bike ie trek 1.2. They wouldn't know either way

Top Bottom