Quick-fit rear pannier/luggage rack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Magpies

Any suggestions please for a quick-fit rear pannier/luggage rack that can regularly carry 5-10 kgs?
I need to regularly swap the rack between two different road bikes (both with rim brakes, both fitted with bolts/threads for rack mounting). Something that is quick to remove and re-fit would be ideal.
I considered "beam" type racks that clamp to my seat-posts (they're not carbon) but the reviews are mixed. My rides typically include pot-holey UK roads, and I want to avoid lateral shifting of the rack/luggage.
Thanks!

vickster

Legendary Member
If you don’t like the beam ones, Just get two Tortec ultralight racks and leave them in situ :okay:

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks!
I was hoping to get a rack I could leave off when leisure riding but reattach when commuting.
The Tailfin looks great but is way beyond my budget.
If you’re competent, I should think you should be able to remove and reattach a rack within 30 minutes. Or the Tortec ones are light and strong. Won’t have much effect on bike weight without panniers

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I figured I'd only fit the rack when i wanted to use it, but after its first fitting, I thought feck it, i can't be arsed with that faff everytime i want to attach a pannier. I'm with Vickster... just put a rack on each bike... you won't notice it when you're riding.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
+1 for the Topeak beam rack, on a couple of my bikes I can wriggle the clamp through the seat stays above the brakes and clamp it to the seat tube.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I have seen beam racks that also clamp to the seat stays for extra rigidity
1598381853525.png

Top Bottom