Quitting!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Tollers said:
The basic theme was that id borrowed my mothers car for some reason and when i returned it had been stripped down then burnt out. For some reason my car had also been nicked. The rest of the dream was dealing with the surreal fallout.

Any psychologists in? It probably means i need nicotine. Hahaha

Tollers

Tollers

do you have issues with your mother? ;)

Though seriously..keep up the good work!!

plantfit

Guru
Keep it up Tollers you're doing really well, I smoked for forty years and a year last April I told the wife "not to buy me any cigs from the Tesco this week as I don't fancy any" any way not bothered since and last month I treated myself to a brand new Trice Q 26 out of the money I saved from not buying any fags alright I have put on a stone and a half in weight but thats my next goal, try to lose it, remember, Don't give up giving up

Roger

I gave up a few weeks ago just after my mates funeral. A hightened sense of my own mortality I suppose.

I have absolutely no doubt that it's for good this time. No withdrawals to speak of.
and I've noticed that folk at work now smoke less, since I was the worst of us. Which is nice.

I've also stopped drinking, since the two vices always went hand in hand it was just easier to stop both at the same time. Chuffed.

Keep it up Tollers, it's great on the other side.

mds101

You're doing well.

I still smoke when I have a pint and reading this has made me thnk that it is about time I knocked that on the head as well.

I really wish you all the best.

Malcolm44

keep it up Tollers. I stopped 18 months ago after 30 years and 30/day. I used the mints which helped but not as much as wanting to stop.

best of luck

Well done Tollers - one thing to remember if anyone offers you a cigarette is to say "no thanks I don't smoke" never say you've given up as they'll badger the life out of you to have one.... well I found that but I've been stopped 16 years now no gum/patches etc just decorated the house top to bottom and NEVER LET ANYONE SMOKE IN MY HOME not even my mum

so pat on the back m8

jeltz

Veteran
Must be a week now, hows it going?

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Good Luck Tollers and anyone else quitting the deadly weed. I quit nearly 20 years ago and now cant understand how I could have been so stupid to smoke for so long.

If you feel the urge go for a ride or polish your bike,you will soon be superfit and have a sparkly bike :-) Put the money you save towards something for yourself (maybe a new bike :angry:)

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
Good luck and well done Tollers!

I quit 8 1/2 years ago after a chest infection where I almost couldn't breathe.

Today, I absolutely hate the smell of tobacco smoke.

Here are some tips that I found INCREDIBLY useful to help me keep on keeping stopped in the early days:

1) When someone offers you a cigarette, don't say, "No thanks, I'm trying to give up" - that is FAILURE language! Instead say, "No thanks, I'm a non-smoker". That kind of language lays down the law with them and is also a good self-affirmation.

2) Cravings only get bad for seven minutes (on average) and they WILL PASS!

3) Eventually you will stop craving - you will notice one day that you've gone a whole day without even thinking about a cigarette.

4) Remember that points 2 and 3 are absolutely guaranteed. Point 1 is your choice.

Matty

Wish you every luck in quitting Tollers.

However hard it gets it'll be worth it. The only experience I have of this was the premature death of my old man due to smoking. He was 56 and his body was wrecked from 40 odd years of fags. The stench put me off even trying it..........

Keith Oates

Janner
As others have said it will be the best thing you can do for yourself,. If you are like most peple it will not be easy but it will be very worthwhile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom