R.E.W Reynolds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
This is my latest R.E.W Reynolds i think this will be my 6th one !

IMG_20180308_195638562.jpg

Thanks goes to @Easytigers for finding this one .

Not sure of what when or how this will hit the tarmac due to a full garage etc etc.

For time being original creamy white with a maroon section on the seat tube and a matching headstock paintwork carries a few battle scars , full 531 tubing so nice and light .

IMG_20180308_195746675_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

Chromed head stock lugs , fork crown and lower section and chromed half rear stays , some of it will clean up but the forks certainly wont and nor will the fork crown .

IMG_20180308_195647706.jpg

No idea what i am going to do yet ie 700c or 27" clinchers or tubs , single speed , 3 speed sturmey archer , 5 or even 12 speed , repaint or just clean and use as is ?????

Got a nice single stronglight chainset and what look to be campagnola pedals and down tube shifter

Last edited:

midlife

Guru
Classy looking TT style machine :smile:. Love the seat stays and chrome.

woodbutcher

Veteran

View attachment 399085

Not sure of what when or how this will hit the tarmac due to a full garage etc etc.

For time being original creamy white with a maroon section on the seat tube and a matching headstock paintwork carries a few battle scars , full 531 tubing so nice and light .

View attachment 399086

Chromed head stock lugs , fork crown and lower section and chromed half rear stays , some of it will clean up but the forks certainly wont and nor will the fork crown .

View attachment 399087

No idea what i am going to do yet ie 700c or 27" clinchers or tubs , single speed , 3 speed sturmey archer , 5 or even 12 speed , repaint or just clean and use as is ?????

Got a nice single stronglight chainset and what look to be campagnola pedals and down tube shifter
Oooh, now you're talking , thats so nice !!

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Classy looking TT style machine :smile:. Love the seat stays and chrome.

Thanks @midlife . I need to drop some wheels in and get some better pictures and also see what clearance's i have .

Just waiting to see if it's a Woodrup built one or not as they made a lot of frames for R.E.W Reynolds back in the day .

View attachment 399085

View attachment 399086

View attachment 399087

Let me know how it goes Biggs!

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Is that a 49d? One of my early bikes had a set with a TA 54 ring. Very fashionable at the time.

Not sure , not really had a good luck yet

It's a Stronglight for sure

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Yep, 49d (d for duralumin), the logo changed a bit over the years but nothing else. People still used them for TT in the 70's :smile:

Brucey bonus as i wasn't sure as no holes for an inner ring mounting , oh and the pedal end caps have Campagnolo stamped on them ^_^

Well i was hoping to go and have a play tonight but no chance , so all i managed to was spray some penetrating fluid on to end of the cranks so i can try and remove the pedals and crank at a later stage

midlife

Guru
Brucey bonus as i wasn't sure as no holes for an inner ring mounting , oh and the pedal end caps have Campagnolo stamped on them ^_^

Well i was hoping to go and have a play tonight but no chance , so all i managed to was spray some penetrating fluid on to end of the cranks so i can try and remove the pedals and crank at a later stage

Cranks may well have 23.2 mm extractor, a tad larger than Campag etc.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Found a spare hour this afternoon and went in the garage for a play .

IMG_20180310_163256326.jpg
IMG_20180310_163328495_BURST000_COVER.jpg

Dropped the forks out and both stampings that are on the bottom bracket are on the steerer tube.

Need to sort a thinwall socket of the right size to remove the crank bolt's then I can try and get the cranks off .

IMG_20180310_165851345.jpg

Had time to drop a set of 27" wheels in just to get an idea .

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just had confirmation that this is not one of the Woodrup built frames so I wonder who did .

Had a suggestion earlier that Cottingham Reid built some frames for R E W Reynolds

Top Bottom