R.E.W Reynolds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just over 15 miles covered today and only slight issue is a knocking noise when in smaller gears if i keep it in 1 - 3 no noise soon as i select 4th or above the noise starts unless i don't pedal .

Swapped wheels for another set same noise same situation so going for a bottom bracket fault and now await the arrival of a new one

Will do a few more miles in between to carry on testing etc etc

Why use it during the winter months when there will be wet weather and salt around which won't do the chrome or rust much good ?

You could touch in the paintwork and make it look a lot better.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Why use it during the winter months when there will be wet weather and salt around which won't do the chrome or rust much good ?

You could touch in the paintwork and make it look a lot better.

The vast majority of the chrome has already tarnished beyond recovery on the forks and lugs , the rear stay chrome is ok just a bit scabby so has been given a good polish and yes if i could match the colour i could touch in but there are some quite big areas of paint loss that couldn't be done neatly .

Plan is to do some miles on it and if it rides like other R.E.W's then i might treat it to a proper refinish at the end of the winter .

I enjoy riding a scruffy bike whilst other people won't venture out when the roads are slightly wet .

One of my next jobs is to fit a set of guards on for a bit of protection .

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Fitted 122.5mm bottom bracket and on the following 3 mile road test all seems well , no chain jumping off and no knocking in smaller cogs .

IMG_20181208_074458737.jpg

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I enjoy riding a scruffy bike whilst other people won't venture out when the roads are slightly wet .

Bikes are like cars. By all means have a shiny "best" one to polish every Sunday if that floats your boat, but always have a workhorse that isn't too precious to actually use regardless of where you need to take it or what the weather is like.

Top Bottom