R.I.P. Cat mobile phone. 2013 - 2021

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Text the bus stop number to 63876.

Got a text back that the Charabanc will be along in 2 days.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Got one built into the car me old mucker,

I have all the mod cons, other than a mobile phone. I have no need for one, have always found them intrusive anyway, and having worked in hi tec crime know of the 101 ways they can be used to F you over...and I left over 4 years ago so it's probably 1001 ways by now.

If I had the need for banal conversations by text or whippsapp then id have one, but the 4G tablet im using to type this does everything else better than a phone anyway so why bother?
Which is exactly what im saying…..you do have a mobile phone/tablet, so saying you dont is plain wrong. Cause the 4g tablet does exactly the same as your old non smart phone, but is smarter……and in your own words, you do have one built into the car, so thats two mobile phones

keithmac

Guru
My Smartphone gets used all the time at work for looking up wiring diagrams, service schedules, valve clearances, oil specs etc.

Then taking pictures to document the work done (and has been done, which is another topic altogether).

Last week it came out to scan our car for fault codes via wireless ODB2 adapter.

Use it with OSM for Scouts, online attendance registers etc.

Using it now to browse the forums, rarely dig my laptop out if I can help it..

Wouldn't be without one now personally.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Time to start charging or just tell him to wait till one turns up.
He has started walking round here with his shopping rather than waiting at the bus stop. I make him a cuppa while he waits!

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Which is exactly what im saying…..you do have a mobile phone/tablet, so saying you dont is plain wrong. Cause the 4g tablet does exactly the same as your old non smart phone, but is smarter……and in your own words, you do have one built into the car, so thats two mobile phones
Is your middle name "Pedant"?

classic33

Leg End Member
He has started walking round here with his shopping rather than waiting at the bus stop. I make him a cuppa while he waits!
You're charging him for the cuppa whilst he waits for the next bus, having missed the one he could have been on had he remained at the bust stop?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You're charging him for the cuppa whilst he waits for the next bus, having missed the one he could have been on had he remained at the bust stop?
He gets the tea for nothing!

There is only one bus an hour so he tends to miss one, and not know how long he has to wait until the next one. He usually ends up missing the next one while we chat so he is here 1-2 hours depending on the exact timing.

TBH - I don't know why it is so difficult to memorise the times of buses that go once an hour... Maybe he just likes a free drink and a chat! :whistle:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
He gets the tea for nothing!

There is only one bus an hour so he tends to miss one, and not know how long he has to wait until the next one. He usually ends up missing the next one while we chat so he is here 1-2 hours depending on the exact timing.

TBH - I don't know why it is so difficult to memorise the times of buses that go once an hour... Maybe he just likes a free drink and a chat! :whistle:

He is just lonely and has a crush on you.

I have an old by now Who Are We ! I just use it for emergencies. I have to use it once a month because of the contract . Apparently my wife put £10 on it years ago and I haven't used it up yet .
I find it a pain ! It takes a long time to charge, but drains very quickly . You can see bu99er all on it when outside. The camera is carp and it takes an age to switch on ! I leave it switched off to conserve the battery . I also find it cumbersome in that it's not easy to fit in my pockets.
I was given it by my BIL as he couldn't get on with it so it hasn't cost me anything .
It is a good job that I didn't pay for it as I find for the amount I use it it would have been a waste of money .

Biker man

Oh, hang on - I've had people do that to me... when the touchscreen gets accidentally pressed in a pocket or bag. I have a flip case on mine so that can't happen - the screen is covered.
I used to have a case but to much faf if you get a call.

Top Bottom