R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wow, such a talent as well.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Legend is bandied about far too often these days, but in this case, he was beyond that.
I was very lucky to see him at the height of his talents.
A very sad day for music.

MntnMan62

Über Member
I also was not a rabid Van Halen fan growing up but I definitely respected his playing. He started an entire generation of guitar players who copied his style. I was hoping that they would get back together with Roth. I would have paid to see that band. RIP.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Obviously quite a few Van Halen fans on here evidenced by the number of threads.
Another victim of cancer it seems and at such at young age. Very sad.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I never knew he did the guitar solo on Michael Jackson's 'Beat It'. Lasted all of twenty seconds but took 30 minutes to record and was done for free as a favour to Quincy Jones the producer:
https://www.cnn.com/2012/11/30/showbiz/music/van-halen-jackson-thriller/index.html
Van Halen: I'll never forget when Tower Records was still open over here in Sherman Oaks. I was buying something, and "Beat It" was playing over the store sound system. The solo comes on, and I hear these kids in front of me going, "Listen to this guy trying to sound like Eddie Van Halen." I tapped him on the shoulder and said, "That IS me!" That was hilarious.

Last edited:
Top Bottom