R.I.P. Tom Petty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Great rock and roller, one of the artists/bands where I can say I've got all their stuff including solo, side projects, etc. He did some great records with others, the Del Shannon one is a favourite. Quality throughout, even his last album Hypnotic Eye was first rate. We were lucky enough to get RAH tickets when he played a few years back, brilliant concert and as he hadn't played in the UK for nearly 20 years everyone was treating every song like an encore, you could see how knocked-out TP was by the reaction.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Sad. Grew up liking his stuff. He was good on The Postman as well.

Dreadful film. I'm sure he was glad to forget it once he'd banked his fee.

Tom Petty Died From Accidental Drug Overdose Involving Opioids, Coroner Says

“On the day he died he was informed his hip had graduated to a full on break and it is our feeling that the pain was simply unbearable and was the cause for his over use of medication,” the statement said.
[..]
“On a positive note we now know for certain he went painlessly and beautifully exhausted after doing what he loved the most, for one last time, performing live with his unmatchable rock band for his loyal fans on the biggest tour of his 40 plus year career,” Mr. Petty’s family said in their statement. “He was extremely proud of that achievement in the days before he passed.”

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Tom Petty Died From Accidental Drug Overdose Involving Opioids, Coroner Says

“On the day he died he was informed his hip had graduated to a full on break and it is our feeling that the pain was simply unbearable and was the cause for his over use of medication,” the statement said.
[..]
“On a positive note we now know for certain he went painlessly and beautifully exhausted after doing what he loved the most, for one last time, performing live with his unmatchable rock band for his loyal fans on the biggest tour of his 40 plus year career,” Mr. Petty’s family said in their statement. “He was extremely proud of that achievement in the days before he passed.”
It seems that synthetic opioid painkillers are a big problem in the States.

For anyone who wants a bit more TP his last album was with mudcrutch labelled 2. This first track has all the TP lyrical humour one would expect of the great man.

Top Bottom