RAC Foundation Study on Car Dependency

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davidc

Guru
John the Monkey said:
Finds that cars are used for 78% of journeys of between 2 and 3 miles.

Concludes that the answer is to create smaller, lighter, less polluting cars.

W T F.

http://crapwalthamforest.blogspot.com/2009/04/car-dependency.html

What's wrong with the ones we've got - 2 wheels, pedals, handlebars and a saddle? Ideal for 2 to 3 mile journeys, low carbon, little pollution, quiet, fast, easy to park, bad for petrol station profits, no need to join the RAC..... someone remind me - what are they called?

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
these people are (with respect to the OP) monkeys. They are the arse-end of motoring organisations. You wouldn't get this kind of crap from the AA.

Barclays have taken to offering free RAC membership - an offer I've taken great delight in turning down.

CotterPin

dellzeqq said:
these people are (with respect to the OP) monkeys. They are the arse-end of motoring organisations. You wouldn't get this kind of crap from the AA.

Barclays have taken to offering free RAC membership - an offer I've taken great delight in turning down.

Isn't the AA now run by the bloke who used to head the RAC Foundation? Can't remember his name (and can't be bothered to look for it) but he was and is trotted out regularly to tell us how hard-up and put-upon the poor motorist is.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
thomas said:
People are lazy. Better to have smaller, more efficient cars than nothing.

I disagree, it would be better to have nothing, the commute to work would be over congestion would be over we could all put the extra time in to doing something usefull or spending time with our families, oh and I am sure there are a few other benefits I am too lazy to mention!

John the Monkey said:
Finds that cars are used for 78% of journeys of between 2 and 3 miles.

Concludes that the answer is to create smaller, lighter, less polluting cars.

W T F.

http://crapwalthamforest.blogspot.com/2009/04/car-dependency.html

Like a SMART car ?

Engine life on one of these is about 60,000 miles.

People buy them to commute 60 to 80 miles per day and then wonder why they go pop which effectively writes the car off after about 4 years

Top Bottom