Rack bag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
To get insurance on my Dawes Nomad I had to get a massive U lock (a Kryptonite New York) that is heavy (very heavy). Problem now is finding a rack bag that will hold it, as I dont want to use my main panniers I have seen a rack box advertised that will hold the lock but the carrier looks like it's made for a motor bike and not a cycle. Any suggestions?

vickster

Legendary Member
I have a topeak - takes an Abus Granit 54 no problem (have to take key out of lock...plus plenty of other stuff too. Mine is one of the slide on jobbies with fold out panniers, but they do non slidy ones too

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/topeak-rx-trunk-bag-ex-without-panniers

Check it out in Evans or similar

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
i'm assuming you have a rack, will the u with the barrel removed not slide into the gaps of the rack? then you can lock the barrel back on. so that the barrel rests on top of the rack and the u bit rests against the side of the rack, it might need a bit of velcro or a bungy to stop it rattling tho.

Thanks bromptonfb, I tried your suggestion but the Nomad comes with a narrow Tubus rack and you can not fit the U under it and then back to the outdide, I am tempted to just use bungy cords but they look untidy, as it is now drizzling on and the winds getting up I will try a bit of fettling in the garage.
Vickster, I will be paying a visit to Halfords as they have a 20% of offer at the moment.

Top Bottom