Rack for a specialized allez ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Marky-boy

Morning all, does anyone know of or can recomend a good pannier rack that would fit onto a specialized allez road bike??
As this is a sports/road bike it does not have any touring eyes and additional bits welded onto the frame, off to France for a 3 day tour in april so need to start planning !!
Any advice gratefully recieved !!
Thanks,
Mark,
Reading,
Berks.

OP
OP
Marky-boy

Marky-boy

Morning all, does anyone know of a pannier rack that would fit a specialized allez road bike, as its a road/sports bike it does not have any eyes or brazzed on bits for fittings etc ...
Doing a 3 day tour of France in April and need to start planning !!
Any advice gratefully recieved,
Thanks,
Mark.

if there are no rack mounts, then you need to look at a skewer mounted rack and from a quicke google search of your bike, you want something that is mounted using P clamps on the seat stays as well. That limits availability & ups costs.

There may be other racks, you will have to have a search or wait for more replies, but the only one I know of the top of my head is a make called Old Man Mountain which make racks for any & every bike. (My mtb was in the same position and I toured on it for 2 weeks in DK in 2010). I used the OMM Red rocks rear pannier rack which may not be around anymore... not sure. On the Carradice of Nelson site there are at least 2 racks which meet your requirements (Pioneer & Sherpa) but neither are cheap.
Have you considered a wanted ad for a few weeks - plenty of people have racks around that are going spare (just lent one to my OH's work college but not a axle mounted rack - don't have one anymore otherwise would have lent it to you).

vickster

Legendary Member
Seatpost mounted if its not going to carry much weight and you don't have a carbon seatpost

OK, don't think you'll have enough weight allowance for 3 days!

HovR

Über Member
Are you sure your Allez doesn't have mounts? I know a guy who rides an Allez with a rear rack fitted, and I'm pretty sure he uses the frames standard mounts.

If it doesn't, Tubus do a QR axle mounting system for around £22. Using that and some p-clips in replacement of the upper braze-ons should allow you to fit most standard racks.

DRHysted

Guru
my 2012 Allez24 does not have lugs.

Top Bottom