Rack for Truck

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vmshaw

I have been searching for options for a way to transport my 2 hybrid bikes in my truck. I had a 2 bike Thule hitch mount hanging rack till someone decided they wanted my bikes more than me. Cut my locks and it was a message. Bent the rack all to hell.
So, now I am looking for a more secure option. I have seen ones in the bed, on the roof and ones that hang over the tailgate. I don't want to go broke buying another like I did on the Thule and I really do not want to remove my front tire. Does anyone have any suggestions??
Thanks in advance!

Drago

Legendary Member
What style of truck are we talking? A full size pickup?

Certainly, there are no car/truck mounts that are secure enough to leave unattended. It's not what they are intended for. If you must do that, get a solid top for the bed and lock them in.

I've seen this tailgate pad approach growing in popularity. looks like they make legit products for this purpose. but probably started with someone hanging a furniture moving blanket over their tailgate ...?
bikes and blanket.jpg

Best Tailgate Pads

Drago

Legendary Member
I think for all that id stick with towbar mount. As mentioned above, unless you own a couple of shotgun toting rottweilers you can leave in the cab (possible - you are in Texas after all ;) ) there is no system that will provide more than a few seconds resistance to even an amateur tea leaf.

Top Bottom